Stanford Washington Research Group
The Stanford Washington Research Group (Stanford WRG) is the renamed Washington Research Group -- "the foremost policy research organization based in the nation's capital" -- which was acquired March 3, 2005, by the Stanford Group Company. 
In May 2005, Stanford WRG "[brought] together all of its highly regarded annual sector conferences -- Healthcare, Telecom/Media, Defense/IT, and the annual symposium -- for a multi-track conference: the 2005 Institutional Policy Conference, for clients and invited guests of the Stanford Group." 
The Stanford WRG was named in the December 26, 2005, Business Week article on "political intelligence" as one of a "small group of firms" that "mine" the Nation's Capital "for information and translate Washington wonkspeak into trading tips."
The Stanford Washington Research Group is a subsidiary of the Stanford Group Company owned by Stanford Financial Group of Houston, Texas.
"The Stanford Washington Research Group delivers timely, investment-relevant insights into Washington decision-making, which, paired with Stanford Group's fundamental equity research, provides clients with a truly unique research offering." --Business Wire, April 18, 2005.
- Brig. Gen. (Ret.) David "Bull" Baker, Senior Vice President
- Debra G. Coy, Water Industry Analyst
- Paul Gallant, Vice President and Senior Media Analyst
- Paul Glenchur, Senior Vice President and Media/Telecom Analyst
- Lyle Gramley, Senior Economic Advisor
- Anne N. Mathias, CFA, Senior Vice President and Director of Research
- Mark McMinimy, Senior Vice President and Food/Agribusiness Analyst
- Eric Obleter
- Jaret Seiberg, Financial Analyst
- Christine Tezak, Senior Vice President and Electricity, Natural Gas and Environmental Policy/Regulatory Analyst
- Greg Valliere, Chief Strategist
- Rick Weissenstein, Healthcare Analyst
Note: On January 20, 2006, Stanford WRG's server was down and the above-listed personnel identified via internet search. The list may or may not be accurate but will be updated/corrected at a later date.
1055 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Phone: 202 298-6226
Fax: 202 298-6146
- "Stanford Group Company Expands in Dallas, Offering Wealth Management and Financial Services to Both Private Clients and Institutions," Business Wire (FindArticles.com), April 18, 2005.
- "Washington Whispers To Wall Street. Low-profile firms enjoy a lucrative business selling 'political intelligence'," Business Week, December 26, 2005.