|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Stephen Schwartz is the Executive Director of the Center for Islamic Pluralism in Washington, D.C.  In a 2003 article in National Review Online, Schwartz describes himself as one of three former Trotskyites who supported the war in Iraq. (The other two he identified are Christopher Hitchens and Kanan Makiya). "One thing must be observed here: We are almost alone among younger neoconservatives in boasting such credentials," he wrote. 
A brief biographical note on the FrontPage website describes him as "a vociferous critic of Wahhabism , Schwartz is a frequent contributor to National Review, The Weekly Standard, FrontPage, and other publications."
Based on its 2005 annual financial return to the Internal Revenue Service, Schwartz is CIP's only full-time employee. CIP states in its annual return that Schwartz's salary is just $30,000.
In December 2004 he was touring with Husain Haqqani, a neocon connected Pakistani. In an article Schwartz was described as being the "executive director of the Washington, D.C.-based Institute for Islamic Progress and Peace (IIPP)." 
- Institute for Islamic Progress and Peace, Executive Director
- Center for Islamic Pluralism, Executive Director
- Jamestown Foundation, Terrorologist .
- Family Security Matters, contributing editor 
- Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, Senior Policy Analyst
- MEMRI, Schwartz uses their material.
- Tech Central Station, contributor
- Antinarcissus (1969)
- A Sleepwalker’s Guide to San Francisco (1983)
- Heaven’s Descent (1990)
- *Ëndërrimi në shqip/Dreaming in Albanian, Skopje/Shkup [Macedonia], Fakti, 2003.
- Brotherhood of the Sea: A History of the Sailors’ Union of the Pacific, 1885-1985, New Brunswick, Transaction Books, 1986. ISBN 0-88738-121-9.
- The Transition: From Authoritarianism to Democracy in the Hispanic World, San Francisco, ICS Press, 1987 (Ed., with essays by Octavio Paz, Heberto Padilla, and others).
- Spanish Marxism vs. Soviet Communism: A History of the P.O.U.M. (with Víctor Alba), New Brunswick, Transaction Books, 1988. ISBN 0-88738-198-7
- A Strange Silence: The Emergence of Democracy in Nicaragua, introduction by Víctor Alba, San Francisco, ICS Press, 1992. ISBN 1-55815-071-4
- From West to East: California and the Making of the American Mind, New York, The Free Press, Inc., 1998. ISBN 0-684-83134-1
- Intellectuals and Assassins, London, Anthem Press, 2000. ISBN 1-898855-55-2.
- Stephen Schwartz, The Two Faces of Islam: The House of Sa'ud from Tradition to Terror, Doubleday, October 2002. ISBN 0385506929
- Sarajevo Rose: A Balkan Jewish Notebook. London: Saqi Books, 2005. ISBN 0-86356-592-1.
- Is It Good for the Jews?: The Crisis of America's Israel Lobby. New York: Doubleday, 2006. ISBN 0-385-51025-X.
- "Stephen Schwartz", Center for Islamic Pluralism, accessed May 2005.
- Search results for Schwartz at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies.
- Schwartz's biography on the website of the Jamestown Foundation.
- "Contributor: U.S.: Stephen Schwartz", Contemporary Poetry Review, accessed February 2007.
- "Stephen Schwartz (journalist)", Wikipedia.
Articles and Presentations By Scwartz
- Schwartz's FrontPage Magazine articles.
- Stephen Schwartz, "Behind the Balkan Curtain". San Francisco Faith, May 2000.
- Stephen Schwartz, "Defeating Wahhabism". FrontPage Magazine, October 25, 2002.
- Stephen Schwartz, "A Different Kind of Filial Piety". Wall Street Journal, February 10, 1999.
- Stephen Schwartz, "Follies of the MSM". Tech Central Station, June 15, 2005.
- Stephen Schwartz, "Ground Zero and the Saudi Connection". The Spectator, September 22, 2001.
- Stephen Schwartz, "Remembering an SLA Terrorist". FrontPage Magazine, February 20, 2003.
- Stephen Schwartz, "Transcript of remarks by Stephen Schwartz at "Saudi Arabia: Friend or Foe" Conference", June 6, 2003. (40k Word file).
- Stephen Schwartz, "Trotskycons?", National Review Online, June 11, 2003.
- "From Munis to Meese: Left Communism or State Department Surrealism" 1993 article by Kevin Keating (aka "Keith Sorel").
- "Neo-conservatism and Stephen Schwartz: the further adventures of an obituary writer" 2003 article also by Kevin Keating.
- Kathryn Jean Lopez, "The Good & the Bad: Stephen Schwartz on Islam and Wahhabism", National Review Online, November 18, 2002.
- Michael Doran, "Fighting Faith: 'The Two Faces of Islam: The House of Sa'ud From Tradition to Terror' by Stephen Schwartz", Washington Post, December 22, 2002.
- Clifford Geertz, "Which Way to Mecca? Part II", New York Review of Books, Volume 50, Number 11, July 3, 2003.
- Marilyn H. Karfeld, "Muslim majority is tired of extremists", Cleveland Jewish News.com, February 13, 2004.