Steven E. Moore
He is currently listed as the executive director of the website truthaboutiraq. According to his own bio on the site "for most of the last year, California political consultant Steven Moore advised Ambassador Paul Bremer and the Coalition Provisional Authority on Iraqi public opinion." 
"Mr. Moore helped develop Iraqi capacity for public opinion research. After conducting more than 70 focus groups in 13 Iraqi cities, and having a hand in writing and analyzing nearly a dozen public opinion polls, Mr. Moore is a leading expert on Iraqi public opinion," his biographical note states.
"In addition to his experience in Iraq, Mr. Moore was part of the team of American consultants that secretly advised Boris Yeltsin's campaign in Russia, whose efforts were documented in a TIME Magazine covers story, featured and nightline and most recently portrayed in the award-winning Showtime movie "Spinning Boris," starring Jeff Goldblum. He has worked with political leaders in five countries with Islamic extremist movements," the profile states.
Moore himself gave a description of his stay in Iraq on a comment to an article at Poynter Online
- I was in Iraq for nine months myself, and your analysis of a Westerner's life resonates. I was confined to my hotel for much of the time, and felt my freedoms erode as I became increasingly hunted.
- However, I was in Iraq doing public opinion research. While I was increasingly unable to travel, I was consistently getting info on what Iraqis are thinking, and still get frequent polls.
- 51% of Iraqis think that Iraq is on the right track. Compare this, for instance, to Michigan where Governor Granholm inspires a 34% "right track" response on polling in her state.
- More than 60% of Iraqis think that the Iraqi government is doing a good job.
- Iraq is a tough place to be a Westerner, but the Iraqis are optimistic, statistically speaking.
- 20,000 to 30,000 insurgents, many from outside Iraq, are trying to oppress the 20 million or so Iraqis who say on polls that they want democracy, rather than a theocracy or a baathist style dictatorship.
- After nine months doing a dozen or so polls and about seventy focus groups in 13 Iraq cities, I defer to those who have the most information on Iraq's future - the Iraqi people. And they are optimistic.
Other SourceWatch resources
- "U.S. political consultants helped Yeltsin", July 9, 1996.
- "Schwarzenegger Strategist George Gorton Joins Tricia Hunter's Campaign for State Assembly", Media release, August 24, 2004.
- "About the Executive Director", Truth About Iraq.org, undated, accessed November 2004.
- Steven Moore, "WSJ reporter Fassihi's e-mail to friends", Comments Section, Poynter online, October 13,2004.