Jump to navigation Jump to search
Founded in 1998, there are more than 3,600 Sure Start children’s centres in England. 
- Naomi Eisenstadt, Providing a Sure Start: How Government Discovered Early Childhood (Policy Press, 2011).
- “Parenting in Sure Start services for children at risk of developing conduct disorder: pragmatic randomised trial,” British Medical Journal, 2007, 334: 678. (supportive study that went unreported in the mainstream media)
- Hannah Richardson, "Mothers take Sure Start cuts fight to Downing Street" BBC, 3 April 2011.
- Tracy McVeigh, "Child poverty warning as cuts threaten to close 3,500 Sure Start centres", The Observer, 13 November 2011.
- "Manchester Sure Starts saved", Socialist Party, 6 February 2012.
- Laura Mannion, "Hundreds of Liverpool Sure Start parents demonstrate against cuts", Socialist Party, 23 April 2012.
- Rachel Williams, "Empty promise of 'open' Sure Start centres", The Guardian, 7 August 2012.
Resources and articles
- direct.gov Sure Start, organizational web page, accessed October 14, 2012.