TS Power Plant
The TS Power Plant will provide electricity for Newmont Mining’s operations in northern Nevada. In Oct. 2007, the Nevada Department of Environmental Quality issued a modified air permit for the plant. In June 2008, Newmont completed construction of the plant. Approximately half of the electricity produced by the plant will be used for Newmont's mining operations with the remainder going to Sierra Pacific Power.
Sponsor: Newmont Nevada Energy Investment LLC (owned by Newmont Mining Corporation)
Location: Dunphy, NV
Capacity: 200 MW (net)
Type: Pulverized coal
Projected in service: 2008
Status: Under construction
- "The Babcock & Wilcox Company to Supply Boiler and Environmental Equipment for New Nevada Power Plant", Babcock & Wilcox press release, July 28, 2005.
- "Stopping the Coal Rush", Sierra Club, accessed October 2008.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Nevada and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)