Now, truth is stranger than fiction. It just so happens that Perseus Books is the publisher for Renata Adler's "In Private Capacity" ...
"In Private Capacity is a brilliant investigation into conspiracy theories and the ultra-secretive Bilderberg group. In 1954, a group of the world's elite held a secret meeting that would lead to the formation of the Bilderberg group. It has never been clear what the group does or who its members are. It has included presidents and prime ministers, business leaders and men whose occupations are not widely known. Media barons and journalists are sometimes invited, but only if they swear to keep absolutely secret what is discussed. Even the location of each Bilderberg meeting is kept strictly confidential. Renata Adler's investigation of the Bilderberg group reveals the true history of the organization, its membership and its nebulous function. With an astonishing cache of Bilderberg archives and secret files, Adler charts the history of the organization and the extent of its power. In Private Capacity is also a spectacular examination of why we crave conspiracy. Educated at Bryn Mawr, Harvard, the Sorbonne and Yale Law School, Renata Adler has had an unrivaled career as a reporter, novelist, and short story writer. She was for many years on the staff at The New Yorker, and she has also been a film critic for The New York Times. Her most recent book is Gone: The Last Days of The New Yorker." Spring 2001 • History • 288 pages .. British Commonwealth & Translation Rights: PublicAffairs .. First Serial, Audio, Electronic & Performance Rights: Janklow & Nesbit Associates.
Addendum: so .... check out Perseus's Director James A. Johnson's connection to Bilderberg.
I've gone through and culled the dead links and removed links that I couldn't see added much.--Bob Burton 06:12, 16 June 2008 (EDT)
These links were dead:
- Attendees: Bilderberg 95 in Switzerland June 8-11, 1995.
- The Bilderberg Group - The Invisible Power House - With its membership selected from the power élite of Europe and North America, many wonder if the Bilderbergers are conspiring to establish a 'new world order', Nexus Magazine, Dec 95/Jan 96 reprint.
- Secret Toronto Bilderberg Meeting!, Toronto Star, May 31, 1996.
- 1996 Toronto Attendees, includes Toronto Star article.
- Bilderberg.org ... This Full Mirror Site Is Hosted By CentrExNews.com.
- Bilderberg Papers. UK web site.
- Bilderberg Conferences (1991-2001).
- The Bilderberg and the New World Order. Bilderberg Meets Secretly in Toronto, article copied from Periscope (1996).
- June 1996 Bilderberg Meeting in Toronto.
- Bilderberg Conferences (1995-1998).
- Victor Thorn, Bilderberg Meeting Due - American Media Should Be Ashamed, Rense.com, May 6, 2002; also.
- Bilderbergs (BB).
- Bilderberg. The Legend, inaxis.org.uk.
- Bilderberg Group Info. Includes: The Congressional Record - US Senate, April 11, 1964.
- Peter Starck, Secretive Bilderberg group to meet in Sweden, Free Press International (Reuters), May 23, 2001; also.
- Bilderberg TV Welcomes The Israeli Ambassador, IndyMedia Victoria, April 13, 2003.
These links work but don't really seem to either add much credible material or material that would be of much use to readers.
- BILDERBERG 1996: THE FALLOUT CONTINUES following Toronto Bilderberg Meeting.
- Charles Overbeck, The Bilderberg Group, MetaReligion, May 14, 1998.
- Bilderberg Group. Includes 1996 Periscope article and information on 2000 and 2001 meetings.
- May 2002 Bilderberg Meeting in Chantilly, VA. Includes BBC radio audio link and other news links about the meeting.
- Sherman H. Skolnick, The Bilderberg Syndrome, Part One.
- Bilderberg Group.net.
- Joe Sansone, The Bilderberg Group. Can the "New Media" Bust Their Meeting?, Ether Zone, April 12, 2002.
- Propaganda Matrix Archive. Search for "Bilderberg."
- Bilderberg Conferences Period: 1954-1964 Records held in the collections of the International Institute of Social History Archives in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Reports and articles on Bilderberg conferences (1986-1998).
- Bilderbergs. Includes: The Congressional Record - US Senate, April 11, 1964.
- Bilderberg Meets in Sintra, The News, Portugal's National Weekend Newspaper in English. News articles from May 1 - June 12, 1999.
- Reuters admits: Bilderberg grooms world leaders, Reuters reprint, May 23, 2001.
- Bilderberg group meeting near D.C. Secretive organization holds powwow in Virginia this weekend, WorldNetDaily at BankIndex.com, June 1, 2002; also.
- Bilderberg Meets!, American Free Press, June 1, 2002.
- Rumsfeld's Bilderberg Buddies sold nukes to Korea, Houston Independent Media Center, April 21, 2003.