Ted Galen Carpenter
"Carpenter serves on the editorial boards of Mediterranean Quarterly and the Journal of Strategic Studies, and is the author of more than 300 articles and policy studies. His articles have appeared in the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, the Financial Times, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Policy, The National Interest, World Policy Journal, and many other publications. He is a frequent guest on radio and television programs in the United States, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, and other regions. Carpenter received his Ph.D. in U.S. diplomatic history from the University of Texas, a biographical note states.
He is the author of six and the editor of 10 books on international affairs, including:
- The Korean Conundrum: America's Troubled Relations with North and South Korea
- Bad Neighbor Policy: Washington's Futile War on Drugs in Latin America
- The Captive Press: Foreign Policy Crises and the First Amendment
- Beyond NATO: Staying Out of Europe's Wars, and A Search for Enemies: America's Alliances after the Cold War
- "Ted Galen Carpenter: Vice President for Defense and Foreign Policy Studies", accessed September 2005.