Terry Moulton is a Republican member of the Wisconsin State Senate, representing the 23rd District.  He is on the following Senate Standing Committees: Committee on Agriculture, Forestry, and Higher Education; Committee on Health; Committee on Natural Resources and Environment; and the Committee on Workforce Development, Small Business, and Tourism (Chair).
2011/2012 Wisconsin Recall
On November 15, the campaign to recall Moulton was initiated. Forcing a recall election will require gathering 14,958 signatures within 60 days. By November 28, 8,900 signatures had been gathered, amounting to about 60% of the total needed. 
Republican incumbent Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls is facing a recall against Democrat Kristen of Eau Claire. They have both served in the State Assembly and now both are competing for the 23rd State Senate District seat. But this isn’t their first matchup. In 2008, Moulton was finishing up a term as representative in the 68th Assembly District when he was challenged for the first time by Kristen Dexter, a newcomer to state politics. When the votes were counted, Dexter was declared the winner by less than 300 votes. 
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
Senator Moulton is a legislative member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and sits on ALEC's Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force. Moulton has spent $100 worth of taxpayer dollars to cover the cost of his ALEC membership. In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sen. Moulton co-sponsored 9 bills that reflect ALEC models, according to an analysis by the Center for Media and Democracy.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Senator Moulton and Tax and Fiscal Policy
Senator Moulton is a legislative member of ALEC's Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force. The following bills were introduced or co-sponsored by Senator Moulton during the 2011-2012 session:
- Senate Bill 140, relating to tax checkoffs for designations to state financed programs towards elementary and secondary education materials, shared revenue, and Medical Assistance (programs).
- Assembly Bill 7, Small business: income and franchise tax credits created
- Senate Bill 55, TID designated as distressed or severely distressed: requirement that TID exist for at least seven years repealed
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Wisconsin State Legislature. State Senator Terry Moulton. Government Website. Accessed August 1, 2011.
- Terry Moulton recall, Wisconsin State Senate (2012), Ballotpedia, accessed December 9, 2011
- Rich Kremer, Terry Moulton and Kristen Dexter face off again in recall, WPR News, May 30, 2012
- Scot Ross, "One Wisconsin Now Exclusive: WI Senators Paying Corporate ALEC Membership with Tax Dollars, One Wisconsin Now website, May 8, 2011
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|