The Mountain Institute "is an international non-profit organization dedicated to conservation, community development, and cultural preservation in the Andes, Appalachian, Himalayan, and other mountain ranges of the world." 
- Bob Davis, President and CEO, Director of Operations
- Sarah Davis, Executive Assistant
- Elsie Walker, Director of Special Projects
- Lyn Soudien, Director of Development
- Gabriel Campbell, Ph.D., is the Director General of the International Center for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- E. Walter Coward, Jr., Ph.D., now retired, formerly was Professor of Development Sociology and Asian Studies at Cornell University and later a senior director at the Ford Foundation.
- Johan Reinhard, Ph.D., is a National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence, famous for his discoveries of Inca mummies, frozen sacrifices on the peaks of the Andes in Peru and Argentina.
- Robert Wampler, Ph.D.
- Joseph D. Teplitz - Chairman - Oakmont, Pennsylvania
- Elsie M. Walker, Vice-Chairman - Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Jim Underwood, Secretary - Franklin, West Virginia
- Eliot Kalter, Treasurer - Washington, D.C.
- Ted Armbrecht, Jr. - Charleston, West Virginia
- Jack Bluestein - Leesburg, Virginia
- Walt Coward - Marietta, Georgia
- Pauline B. Danino - Washington, D.C.
- Lee Elman - New York, New York
- Jane M. Farmer - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Indira Mansingh - New Delhi, India
- Gail Percy - Washington, D.C.
- Robert Reynolds - Mill Valley, California
- Robert Rhoades, Ph.D. - Athens, Georgia
- David Sloan - Washington, D.C.
- Harvey Sloane, MD - Washington, D.C.
- Thomas B. Eastman - Baltimore, Maryland
- Angus Peyton - Charleston, West Virginia
- King Seeger, MD - Franklin, West Virginia
- Robert H. Whitby - Greenwich, Connecticut
- 2005 Annual Report, (Pdf)
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Ganesan Balachander
- Jane Pratt - former president and Ceo
- Catherine Nixon Cooke - former president and Ceo