The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President (2005 book)
David Usborne of the UK's The Independent wrote April 12, 2005, that the book is "said to dig into the travails" of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) "during the scandal involving Monica Lewinsky and her husband, Bill, then president, and the legal assaults on him during his tenure in the White House." 
Controversy from the echo chamber
- "A book battle has broken out on Publisher's Row over the ultimate Hillary-attack!
- "The project being billed as 'Hillary in the Raw', like you've never seen her before, is set to drop in September by liberal Ed Klein, former NYT MAGAZINE editor, VANITY FAIR, PARADE contributor and author of multiple works on the Kennedys.
- "'The revelations in it should sink her candidacy,' a source close to Klein" warned the Drudge Report. 
- "The Washington Times claims that there are rumors of "new dirt" in [Klein's book] ... 'Just as the Swift Boat Veterans convinced millions of voters that John Kerry lacked the character to be president, Klein's book will influence everyone who is sizing up the character of Hillary Clinton,' the Times quoted the publisher as writing in sales materials." Chicago Sun-Times, April 13, 2005.
- "The Truth About Hillary author Edward Klein reportedly has a personal dislike of the Clintons; the New York Post reported in December that an 'insider said Klein doesn't care for the Clintons, and he is digging up some new dirt on them.'
- "That dislike may have motivated Klein to rely on the notoriously unreliable Dick Morris, who said on Hannity & Colmes that he was interviewed for the book. Morris's comments about Clinton should, of course, be taken with a shaker of salt; not only has he repeatedly made false and misleading claims about her, he also acknowledged that he'll do anything to defeat her." Media Matters for America, April 14, 2005; also see Media Matters article, Hannity & Colmes transcript and news links on Dick Morris.
- AP's Marc Humbert wrote April 10, 2005, "New York's GOP chairman has kicked off a national 'STOP HILLARY NOW!' fundraising effort to thwart her 2006 Senate re-election bid. ... 'Stopping Hillary Rodham Clinton is the most important thing you and I can do as Republicans in the next two years,' says the fund-raising appeal sent out by Stephen Minarik. 'You could say it's our duty as Republicans.' ... Minarik's fund-raising letter, dated Friday, promises a Republican 'truth squad' that will 'monitor Hillary's appearances and expose her lies.'" 
- Lloyd Grove, "Book war: To Hil & back," New York Daily News, April 12, 2005.
- Matt Drudge, "Publisher Fight Over 'Hillary in the Raw'," Drudge Report, April 10, 2005.
- Posted from Drudge Report, blogsagainsthillary.com, April 11, 2005.
- Jennifer Harper, "Book purports to deliver political trouble for Hillary," Washington Times, April 12, 2005.
- David Usborne, "Hillary faces obstacle to White House run," The Independent UK, April 12, 2005.
- "Scarborough Country for April 12," MSNBC/MSN, April 13, 2005: "And now new reports tell of a tell-all book on Hillary Rodham Clinton that's due later out this year. Its contents are top secret, but the sources say the revelations inside could torpedo Hillary Clinton's chances at a run at the White House." Scroll down about half way for discussion.
- "Book supposedly dishes 'new dirt' on senator," Chicago Sun-Times, April 13, 2005.
- "Conservative publisher announces plans to 'Swift Boat' Sen. Clinton," Media Matters for America, April 14, 2005.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Hunting Hillary Clinton: Arthur Finkelstein, long-time GOP political consultant, to lead campaign to defeat Hillary re-election and derail her presidential hopes", DissidentVoice, February 17, 2005.
- Jamison Foser, "Swiftboating Hillary," AlterNet, April 21, 2005: "An upcoming book aimed at derailing Hillary Clinton's 2008 bid is taken seriously despite its source and the fact that nobody's read a word of it."
- Ellen Goodman, "The trashing of Hillary," Boston Globe, April 21, 2005.
- Raymond Hernandez, "Conservatives Promoting Anti-Clinton Book", New York Times, June 17, 2005.
- Media Matters for America, a website started by David Brock, has been publishing many articles criticising the book. Here is an abridged listing:
- June 7, 2005 - Strike two: Excerpt of new anti-Hillary book filled with factual errors, misleading claims, very little context
- June 7, 2005 - Sleazier than the Swifties?
- June 8, 2005 - Does The Truth About Hillary borrow too heavily from The Clinton Wars?
- June 9, 2005 - The Scaife-funded "Boot" behind Klein's "Truth"
- June 10, 2005 - "Scurrilous, despicable and politically motivated": New anti-Hillary attack book gets facts wrong, traffics in gay-baiting sexual innuendo
- June 22, 2005: Klein backs off rape smear in Hannity interview meltdown
- June 23, 2005: The truth about The Truth About Hillary: Edward Klein's attack book is poorly researched, poorly written, poorly sourced
- June 28, 2005: Klein vs. his own book: Author backed off claim about Hillary pregnancy, contradicted his only source for rape claim