Think Tanks:Quick Reference A-C
- 1 About List
- 2 Think Tank List Data Table (A-C)
- 2.1 Data Table Notes
- 2.1.1 American Councils on Foreign Relations
- 2.1.2 American Ditchley Foundation
- 2.1.3 American Jewish Council
- 2.1.4 American Majority Institute
- 2.1.5 World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- 2.1.6 Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies
- 2.1.7 Catalyst Institute
- 2.1.8 Center for Democracy
- 2.1.9 Center for Economic Conversion
- 2.1.10 Center of International Studies
- 2.1 Data Table Notes
The term think tank is broadly defined for the inclusion of an organisation on this list. It pretty much runs the gamut as any organisation having a remote link to policy. This listing is for names beginning with the letter A, B or C. Presently there are two more pages, D-M and N-Z.
The list is basically just the name and the url to the homepage of the org, if found. It offers a quick check for the existence of a Source Watch stub as well as a launching point for research.
If the second column says FFRDC, it is one of the 36 Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, which has its own link page. Any other unusual data that was scooped while looking for a solid url pointer was placed in the notes below the table. This data is usually something indicating a non-existent org, or contradictory data already published on Sourcewatch. If you are able to resolve it, either remove the note, or leave a message on the talk page for this site.
Also, it is doubtful that a link listing like this one will ever be near to completion. If you know of an org not listed, please enter it, or drop it on the talk page.
Related Sourcewatch Pages
Think Tank List Data Table (A-C)
Data Table Notes
American Councils on Foreign Relations
- No url found.
- Only one reference found on a preliminary google that did not look like a wikipedia page, a SourceWatch page or a page that referenced data from those two previous resources.
- That page was on The Hudson Institute's site, on a page with a short data set for their a short data set of the Director of their Center for Middle East Policy; Director, Meyrav Wurmser - 
American Ditchley Foundation
American Jewish Council
- listed url is a 404, it is also a subdomain of freeyellow.com
- a quick google, offered many data regarding many individuals' present or past affiliation with the organisation, but no direct data regarding its location, contact, or web url
American Majority Institute
Never fully rolled-out as a think-tank with this name. It seems that it is operational uder the name of The Center for American Progress.
Click this link for more details.
World Business Council for Sustainable Development
The Business Council for Sustainable Development needs to be moved to reflect their actual name.
It is the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), and it looks like regionals use a prefix to identify themselves
Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies
Effective November 1, 2003, the faculty and staff formerly of the Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies are now affiliated with the Center for Biosecurity of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).
- Center for Biosecurity of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) - www.upmc-biosecurity.org
Not a think tank, but seminars held by the New Mexico Media Literacy Project to teach learning professionals about media's usage in society
- NMMLP’s Catalyst Institute, held two or three times a year, offers an intensive four-day training experience in media literacy concepts and skills. NMMLP staff and guest speakers lead participants in workshops, exercises, video screenings and discussions designed to deepen understanding of media issues and provide a solid foundation for media activism. The Catalyst Institute is ideal for teachers, health professionals, community activists and others who want to make a difference.
Center for Democracy
org is now defunct.
- The Center for Democracy opened its offices in December 1984 and ended its almost-20 years of global democratic assistance programs in August 2003. The Center's activities are described on this website.
Center for Economic Conversion
website listed on several think tank list pages is a unused placeholder *(www.conversion.org/)
Center of International Studies
In 2003, the Center of International Studies (CIS) (formerly a research program within the Woodrow Wilson School) and the University's Council on Regional Studies were merged, combining their strengths and activities to form a new institute, the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies (PIIRS). www.princeton.edu/~piirs