|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
Tomas Alcantara is a prominent member of the Alcantara family and a leading executive developing real estate projects and power facilities in Mindanao, the Philippines. Alcantara is the chairman of the following companies:
- Southern Philippines Power Corporation
- Western Mindanao Power Corporation
- Alto Power Holdings, Inc.
- Conal Holdings
- Sarangani Energy Corporation- sponsor of Kamanga power station
- San Ramon Power Inc. - sponsor of Zamboanga power station
- Alsons Energy Development Corporation
- Kamanga Agro-Industrial Ecozone Development Corp.
- Aces Technical Services Corporation
- Alsons Land Corporation
- ACR Mining Corporation
- Market Developers, Inc. (MADE)
- Eagle Ridge Golf & Country Club, Inc.
In 2013, Tomas Alcantara and family ranked #46 in the Forbes "Philippines 50 Richest" list. Forbes wrote:
- Tomas Alcantara gets his wealth from an 80% stake in listed power, mining firm Alsons Consolidated Resources which is investing over $1 billion over next five years to build new power plants in electricity-starved Mindanao province. Also expanding mining and power operations in Indonesia where it runs a joint venture with the trading arm of Toyota. He recently teamed up with Jaime Zobel De Ayala's (No.6) property unit Ayala Land to develop a residential and retail complex in Davao.
Articles and resources
- SEC Form 17-C for Alsons Consolidated Resources, Inc., Securities and Exchange Commission, March 5, 2014
- "Tomas Alcantara," Forbes, accessed March 2014
Related SourceWatch articles
- Philippines and coal
- Alsons Consolidated Resources
- Alcantara Group
- Alsons Power Group
- Conal Holdings
- Kamanga power station
- Zamboanga power station