Tommy R. Franks
(Redirected from Tommy Franks)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Army General Tommy R. Franks is the former commander of U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM), headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida.
- Former Honorary Co-Chair, National Park Foundation 
- Former Cochair, Spirit of America
- Helped launch Coalition to Salute America's Heroes
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Tommy Franks in the Wikipedia.
- Dave Moniz, "Gen. Franks, commander of Iraq war, retires," USA TODAY, May 22, 2003.
- "Gen. Tommy Franks to Retire," Associated Press (Fox News), May 22, 2003.
- "Franks Retires, Hands Over Central Command," Fox News, July 8, 2003.
- "Text: Remarks by Retired General Tommy Franks to the Republican National Convention," FDCH E-Media, Inc. (Washington Post), September 2, 2004.
- Paul Alexander, "The Generals Speak. Seven retired military leaders discuss what has gone wrong in Iraq," Rolling Stone, November 3, 2004.
- "Iraq war planners forecast only 5,000 GIs in '06. Top generals envisioned stability, democracy after Saddam's ouster," Associated Press (MSNBC), February 15, 2007.
- Dan Froomkin, "How Bush Uses His Generals," Washington Post, July 16, 2007.