TRANSCEND "is a network of more than 200 of the world's leading practitioners and scholars in peacebuilding and development from over 60 countries around the world.
"Committed to the promotion of peace by peaceful means, TRANSCEND has 20 active programmes, and conducts its work through action, education/training, dissemination and research. With centres in Barcelona (Spain), Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Geneva (Switzerland), Hagen (Germany), Honolulu (USA), Kyoto (Japan), Moscow (Russia), Sandnes (Norway), Taplow Court (Great Britain), Torino (Italy), Vienna (Austria), and Washington, DC (USA) - with several others now being formed in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia - TRANSCEND has provided more than 400 training programmes for over 8000 participants in 43 countries around the world. Participants in TRANSCEND training programmes have included politicians, diplomats, aid and development workers, teachers, psychologists, social workers, journalists, civil service employees, UN staff, professors, students, and others. In 2000, TRANSCEND developed the United Nations' first ever manual on "Conflict Transformation by Peaceful Means: The TRANSCEND Approach"." 
Accessed August 2007:
- Centro de Estudios Internacionales http://www.ceinicaragua.org.ni/
- Focus on the Global South http://www.focusweb.org/
- Peace Action, Training and Research Institute of Romania. PATRIR
- Coalition for Global Solidarity www.globalsolidarity.org
- Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research (TFF) www.transnational.org
- Transnational Institute http://www.tni.org/
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Training, TRANSCEND, accessed August 19, 2007.