(Redirected from Triphenyl phosphate)
A 2012 study found that six different organophosphate flame retardants, including TPP, were all endocrine disruptors.
Products and Manufacturers
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Flame Retardant Applications in Camping Tents and Potential Exposure," Accessed February 25, 2014.
- Liu X, Ji K, Choi K, "Endocrine disruption potentials of organophosphate flame retardants and related mechanisms in H295R and MVLN cell lines and in zebrafish," Aquat Toxicolology. June 15, 2012, Accessed March 28, 2014.
- Heather M. Stapleton, Susan Klosterhaus, and Arlene Blum, "Identification of Flame Retardants in Polyurethane Foam Collected from Baby Products," Environ Sci Technol. Jun 15, 2011; 45(12): 5323–5331.
- Green Science Policy Institute
- Michael A. Babich, "CPSC Staff Preliminary Risk Assessment of Flame Retardant (FR) Chemicals in Upholstered Furniture Foam," Consumer Products Safety Commission, December 21, 2006.
- Schindler BK, Koslitz S, Weiss T, Broding HC, Brüning T, Bünger J, "Exposure of aircraft maintenance technicians to organophosphates from hydraulic fluids and turbine oils: a pilot study," Int J Hyg Environ Health, January 2014.
- Yang F, Ding J, Huang W, Xie W, Liu W, "Particle size-specific distributions and preliminary exposure assessments of organophosphate flame retardants in office air particulate matter," Environ Sci Technol, January 7, 2014.
- Celano R, Rodríguez I, Cela R, Rastrelli L, Piccinelli AL, "Liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry quantification and screening of organophosphate compounds in sludge," Talanta, January 15, 2014.
- Fan X, Kubwabo C, Rasmussen PE, Wu F, "Simultaneous determination of thirteen organophosphate esters in settled indoor house dust and a comparison between two sampling techniques," Sci Total Environ, January 21, 2014.
- Liu Y, Liggio J, Harner T, Jantunen L, Shoeib M, Li SM, "Heterogeneous OH initiated oxidation: a possible explanation for the persistence of organophosphate flame retardants in air," Environ Sci Technol, January 21, 2014.
- Kowalski B, Mazur M, "The Simultaneous Determination of Six Flame Retardants in Water Samples Using SPE Pre-concentration and UHPLC-UV Method," Water Air Soil Pollut, February 12, 2014.
- Ballesteros-Gómez A, Brandsma SH, de Boer J, Leonards PE, "Analysis of two alternative organophosphorus flame retardants in electronic and plastic consumer products: Resorcinol bis-(diphenylphosphate) (PBDPP) and bisphenol A bis (diphenylphosphate) (BPA-BDPP)," Chemosphere, February 18, 2014.
- Kim JW, Isobe T, Muto M, Tue NM, Katsura K, Malarvannan G, Sudaryanto A, Chang KH, Prudente M, Viet PH, Takahashi S, Tanabe S, "Organophosphorus flame retardants (PFRs) in human breast milk from several Asian countries," Chemosphere, March 12, 2014.
- Ionas AC, Dirtu AC, Anthonissen T, Neels H, Covaci A, "Downsides of the recycling process: Harmful organic chemicals in children's toys," Environ Int, April 2014.
- Tajima S, Araki A, Kawai T, Tsuboi T, Ait Bamai Y, Yoshioka E, Kanazawa A, Cong S, Kishi R, "Detection and intake assessment of organophosphate flame retardants in house dust in Japanese dwellings," Sci Total Environ, April 15, 2014.
- Li J, Yu N, Zhang B, Jin L, Li M, Hu M, Zhang X, Wei S, Yu H, "Occurrence of organophosphate flame retardants in drinking water from China," Water Res, May 1, 2014.
- Kim JW, Isobe T, Sudaryanto A, Malarvannan G, Chang KH, Muto M, Prudente M, Tanabe S, "Organophosphorus flame retardants in house dust from the Philippines: occurrence and assessment of human exposure," Environ Sci Pollut Res Int, February 2013.
- Liu C, Wang Q, Liang K, Liu J, Zhou B, Zhang X, Liu H, Giesy JP, Yu H, "Effects of tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate and triphenyl phosphate on receptor-associated mRNA expression in zebrafish embryos/larvae," Aquat Toxicol, March 15, 2013.
- McGee SP, Konstantinov A, Stapleton HM, Volz DC, "Aryl phosphate esters within a major PentaBDE replacement product induce cardiotoxicity in developing zebrafish embryos: potential role of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor," Toxicol Sci, May 2013.
- Meeker JD, Cooper EM, Stapleton HM, Hauser R, "Urinary metabolites of organophosphate flame retardants: temporal variability and correlations with house dust concentrations," Environmental Health Perspectives, May 2013.
- Liu X, Ji K, Jo A, Moon HB, Choi K, "Effects of TDCPP or TPP on gene transcriptions and hormones of HPG axis, and their consequences on reproduction in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio)," Aquat Toxicol, June 15, 2013.
- Yoon D, Jung HT, Kwon G, Yoon Y, Lee M, Bae I, Joo BJ, Kim M, Lee SA, Lee J, Lee Y, Cho E, Shin K, Sung BJ, "Dynamics and mechanism of flame retardants in polymer matrixes: experiment and simulation," J Phys Chem B, July 18, 2013.
- Cristale J, Katsoyiannis A, Sweetman AJ, Jones KC, Lacorte S, "Occurrence and risk assessment of organophosphorus and brominated flame retardants in the River Aire (UK)," Environ Pollut, August 2013.
- Van den Eede N, Neels H, Jorens PG, Covaci A, "Analysis of organophosphate flame retardant diester metabolites in human urine by liquid chromatography electrospray ionisation tandem mass spectrometry," J Chromatogr A, August 16, 2013.
- Waaijers SL, Hartmann J, Soeter AM, Helmus R, Kools SA, de Voogt P, Admiraal W, Parsons JR, Kraak MH, "Toxicity of new generation flame retardants to Daphnia magna," Sci Total Environ, October 1, 2013.
- Van den Eede N, Maho W, Erratico C, Neels H, Covaci A, "First insights in the metabolism of phosphate flame retardants and plasticizers using human liver fractions," Toxicol Lett, October 23, 2013.
- Kojima H, Takeuchi S, Itoh T, Iida M, Kobayashi S, Yoshida T, "In vitro endocrine disruption potential of organophosphate flame retardants via human nuclear receptors," Toxicology, December 6, 2013.
- Van den Eede N, Dirtu AC, Ali N, Neels H, Covaci A, "," Talanta, January 30, 2012.
- Möller A, Sturm R, Xie Z, Cai M, He J, Ebinghaus R, "Organophosphorus flame retardants and plasticizers in airborne particles over the Northern Pacific and Indian Ocean toward the Polar Regions: evidence for global occurrence," Environmental Science & Technology, March 20, 2012.
- Liu X, Ji K, Choi K, "Endocrine disruption potentials of organophosphate flame retardants and related mechanisms in H295R and MVLN cell lines and in zebrafish," Aquat Toxicolology. June 15, 2012.
- van der Veen I, de Boer J, "Phosphorus flame retardants: properties, production, environmental occurrence, toxicity and analysis," Chemosphere, August 2012.
- Brommer S, Harrad S, Van den Eede N, Covaci A, "Concentrations of organophosphate esters and brominated flame retardants in German indoor dust samples," J Environ Monit, September 2012.
- Roth T, Urpi Bertran R, Pöhlein M, Wolf M, van Eldik R, "Gas chromatographic determination of phosphate-based flame retardants in styrene-based polymers from waste electrical and electronic equipment," J Chromatogr A, November 2, 2012.
- Heather M. Stapleton, Smriti Sharma, Gordon Getzinger, P. Lee Ferguson, Michelle Gabriel, Thomas F. Webster, and Arlene Blum, "Novel and High Volume Use Flame Retardants in US Couches Reflective of the 2005 PentaBDE Phase Out," Environmental Science & Technology, December 18, 2012.
- Cooper EM, Covaci A, van Nuijs AL, Webster TF, Stapleton HM, "Analysis of the flame retardant metabolites bis(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (BDCPP) and diphenyl phosphate (DPP) in urine using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry," Anal Bioanal Chem, October 2011.
- Kim JW, Isobe T, Chang KH, Amano A, Maneja RH, Zamora PB, Siringan FP, Tanabe S, "Levels and distribution of organophosphorus flame retardants and plasticizers in fishes from Manila Bay, the Philippines," Environ Pollut, December 2011.
- Meeker JD, Stapleton HM, "House dust concentrations of organophosphate flame retardants in relation to hormone levels and semen quality parameters," Environ Health Perspect. 2010 Mar;118(3):318-23. doi: 10.1289/ehp.0901332.
- Sundkvist AM, Olofsson U, Haglund P, "Organophosphorus flame retardants and plasticizers in marine and fresh water biota and in human milk," J Environ Monit, April 2010.
- Sjödin A, Carlsson H, Thuresson K, Sjölin S, Bergman A, Ostman C, "Flame retardants in indoor air at an electronics recycling plant and at other work environments," Environmental Science & Technology, February 1, 2001.
- Möller K, Nilsson U, Crescenzi C, "Synthesis and evaluation of molecularly imprinted polymers for extracting hydrolysis products of organophosphate flame retardants," J Chromatogr A, December 14, 2001.
- Nagase M, Toba M, Kondo H, Yasuhara A, Hasebe K, "Estimation of organophosphoric acid triesters in soft polyurethane foam using a concentrated sulfuric acid dissolution technique and gas chromatography with flame photometric detection," Anal Sci, December 2003.
- Marklund A, Andersson B, Haglund P, "Screening of organophosphorus compounds and their distribution in various indoor environments," Chemosphere, December 2003.
- Kawagoshi Y, Nakamura S, Nishio T, Fukunaga I, "Isolation of aryl-phosphate ester-degrading bacterium from leachate of a sea-based waste disposal site," J Biosci Bioeng, 2004.
- Honkakoski P, Palvimo JJ, Penttilä L, Vepsäläinen J, Auriola S, "Effects of triaryl phosphates on mouse and human nuclear receptors," Biochem Pharmacol, January 2004.
- Möller K, Crescenzi C, Nilsson U, "Determination of a flame retardant hydrolysis product in human urine by SPE and LC-MS. Comparison of molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction with a mixed-mode anion exchanger," Anal Bioanal Chem, January 2004.
- Hartmann PC, Bürgi D, Giger W, "Organophosphate flame retardants and plasticizers in indoor air," Chemosphere, November 2004.
- Otake T, Yoshinaga J, Yanagisawa Y, "Exposure to phthalate esters from indoor environment," J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol, November 2004.
- Marklund A, Andersson B, Haglund P, "Traffic as a source of organophosphorus flame retardants and plasticizers in snow," Environmental Science & Technology, May 15, 2005.
- Owens CV Jr, Lambright C, Bobseine K, Ryan B, Gray LE Jr, Gullett BK, Wilson VS, "Identification of estrogenic compounds emitted from the combustion of computer printed circuit boards in electronic waste," Environmental Science & Technology, December 15, 2007.
- Stiles R, Yang I, Lippincott RL, Murphy E, Buckley B, "Measurement of drinking water contaminants by solid phase microextraction initially quantified in source water samples by the USGS," Environmental Science & Technology, April 15, 2008.
- Mäkinen MS, Mäkinen MR, Koistinen JT, Pasanen AL, Pasanen PO, Kalliokoski PJ, Korpi AM, "Respiratory and dermal exposure to organophosphorus flame retardants and tetrabromobisphenol A at five work environments," Environmental Science & Technology, February 1, 2009.
- Stapleton HM1, Klosterhaus S, Eagle S, Fuh J, Meeker JD, Blum A, Webster TF, "Detection of organophosphate flame retardants in furniture foam and U.S. house dust," Environmental Science & Technology, October 1, 2009.
- Saboori AM, Lang DM, Newcombe DS, "Structural requirements for the inhibition of human monocyte carboxylesterase by organophosphorus compounds," Chem Biol Interact, 1991.
- Huckins JN, Fairchild JF, Boyle TP, "Role of exposure mode in the bioavailability of triphenyl phosphate to aquatic organisms," Arch Environ Contam Toxicol, November 1991.
- Flaskos J, McLean WG, Hargreaves AJ, "The toxicity of organophosphate compounds towards cultured PC12 cells," Toxicology Letters, January 1994.
- Fautz R, Miltenburger HG, "Influence of organophosphorus compounds on different cellular immune functions in vitro," Toxicol In Vitro, October 1994.
- David MD, Seiber JN, "Analysis of organophosphate hydraulic fluids in U.S. Air force base soils," Arch Environ Contam Toxicol, April 1999.
- Hinton DM, Jessop JJ, Arnold A, Albert RH, Hines FA, "of immunotoxicity in a subchronic feeding study of triphenyl phosphate," Toxicol Ind Health, March 1987.
- Welsh JJ, Collins TF, Whitby KE, Black TN, Arnold A, "Teratogenic potential of triphenyl phosphate in Sprague-Dawley (Spartan) rats," Toxicol Ind Health, September 1987.
- Mochida K, Gomyoda M, Fujita T, Yamagata K, "Tricresyl phosphate and triphenyl phosphate are toxic to cultured human, monkey and dog cells," Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B, January 1988.
- Esa AH, Warr GA, Newcombe DS, "Immunotoxicity of organophosphorus compounds. Modulation of cell-mediated immune responses by inhibition of monocyte accessory functions," Clin Immunol Immunopathol, October 1988.