U.S. Chamber Watch
U.S. Chamber Watch is an organization started in May of 2010 by Change to Win with the support of labor unions to expose the anonymous funders behind the U.S. Chamber of Commerce which channels the money to political campaigns and to expose the hidden lobbying activities of the Chamber on issues like climate change, jobs creation, BP's Gulf oil spill, the Wall Street bailouts, health care reform and more. 
In September, 2010 ChamberWatch filed a complaint with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service charging that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which has been a leading opponent of President Barack Obama's domestic policies, illegally channeled donations from a charitable foundation into its political work.
U.S. Chamber Watch states its mission as promoting "greater transparency and accountability in American political processes by shedding light on the funding and practices of the largest private interest lobbyist in America, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce." They want to "hold accountable anonymous funders".
Email: info AT fixtheuschamber.org
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ U.S. Chamber Watch Issues, organizational Web page, accessed September 17, 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 About page, U.S. Chamber Watch, accessed December 2010.
- ↑ Chronicle of Philanthropy Chamber of Commerce Accused of Using Foundation Money for Politics Philanthropy Today, September 13, 2010
- ↑ Eric Lichtblau, "Chamber of Commerce Accused of Tax Fraud", New York Times, September 10, 2010
- Text of Complaint to the IRS (pdf) against the U.S. Chamber of Commerce