U Thant (deceased) "served as Secretary-General of the United Nations from 1961 to 1971, was chosen to head the world body when Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjold was killed in an air crash in September 1961.
"U Thant was born at Pantanaw, Burma, on 22 January 1909, and was educated at the National High School in Pantanaw and at University College, Rangoon...
"U Thant retired at the end of his second term in 1971 and he died on 25 November 1974 after a long illness. He was 65 years old." 
- Bernard J. Firestone (2001). The United Nations under U Thant, 1961–1971. Metuchen, N.J: Scarecrow Press.
- Ramses Nassif (1988). U Thant in New York, 1961–1971: A Portrait of the Third UN Secretary-General. New York: St. Martin's Press.
- U Thant (1978). View from the UN. Garden City, N.Y: Doubleday
Resources and articles
- International Peace Academy
- Indar Rikhye
- Promoting Enduring Peace obtained their prize
- Donald Keys - former speechwriter
- James E. McDonald - UFOs