User:Neoconned/Danish translations about rendition flights
Danish translation request
I'd really like to have these pages translated into English:
They appear to be questions in the Danish parliament about extraordinary rendition, and they mention a number of planes that aren't mentioned anywhere else in connection with this topic. Unfortunately, there aren't any good machine translation sites for Danish. Could anyone help? (don't worry, they're very short pages!). With thanks in advance, --Neoconned 13-14 Jun 2006 (EDT)
Not great translations from InterTran, but something to work with. Syntax is tough when you're not familiar with a language ;-(
- http://www.folketinget.dk/Samling/20051/spoergsmaal/S4260/svar/endeligt/20060502/index.htm (Taken from attached Transportation and Energy Ministry letter.)
- "Vil minister to extension from sometime question and answer about possible CIA - aeroplane, there has flew to danish gas, illuminate, about aeroplane by registreringsnumrene N476LC, N510MG, N824MG, N964BW, N965BW, N966BW, N967BW, N968BW, N5155A, N6161Q, N8213G and N9658W, has fle--Kristjan Wager 11:49, 29 October 2006 (EST)w to danish luftterritorium [air space] or used danish airports (below here at Grønland and Færøerne Faroe Islands) to the unit the paper 1. january 2001, and to granted declines transmit full particulars, that danish authorities has about those aeroplane, below here whom there has paid the plane liable royalties, the livestock bulk [freight?], the number from the passengers m.v.?"
- "They mentioned flynumre come in to a walk softly from Europarådets particularly the liaison Dick Marty by aeroplane, there's suspect to become used in connection with CIA's illegal »renditions«, that is. illegal the serving out from terrormistænkte to the land, where they is kept classified the prison and adjourn by torture. Dick Marty have you a letter to delegationsformændene to Europarådets parlamentariske assembly requested those about that bring about information about flyvninger and the touchdown concerning they mentioned aeroplane and a number additional aeroplane, that Enhedslisten sometime has asked to."
- "Vil minister to extension from sometime question and answer about possible CIA - aeroplane, there has flew to danish gas, illuminate, about aeroplane by registreringsnumrene : N1016M, N1018H, N120JM, N1210Z, N157A, N162EM, N168BF, N168D, N169KT, N173S, N187D, N196D, N1HC, N204FN, N212AZ, N212CP, N2138T, N2189M, N219D, N221SG, N229AL, N229WJ, N312ME, N315CR, N33NJ, N35NK, N368CE, N381AA, N393DF, N4009L N403VP, N4042J, N418MN, N42HN, N4456A, N4489A, N4557C, N470JF, N475LC, N478GS N505LL, N50BH, N5117H and N5139A has flew to danish luftterritorium or used danish airports (below here at Grønland and Færøerne) to the unit the paper 1. january 2001 and to granted declines transmit full particulars , danish authorities has about those aeroplane?"
Hope this helps. Artificial Intelligence 07:02, 8 Sep 2006 (EDT)
- Thanks for that AI, I had looked at various machine translation sites but I think I'd managed to miss that one. These translations are definitely a good starting point. Cheers, --Neoconned 06:50, 10 Sep 2006 (EDT)
- I have been sick the last few days, so I have only taken a glance on the translations, but I will try to get them translated for you within the next couple of days - keep an eye on my talk page, and I'll post them there, unless you'd rather have them posted elsewhere? --Kristjan Wager 11:49, 29 October 2006 (EST)