User:Scott Gall/The top ten annoyances on any wiki
I think you know why the numbers are back to front.
- 10. People who just want to be a dick.
- 9. Your favorite article being put on Votes for deletion.
- 8. Spam. Commercial links are not one bit welcome here.
- 7. Slackers. This page is out of date. Click on one of the "other languages" links further down that page and you'll see what I'm on about.
- 6. Admins who abuse their powers. I had to create a sockpuppet on Anarchopedia once to unblock (all logged-in users on Anarchopedia are automatically sysops) me and some other innocent users who were blocked by a block vandal.
- 5. Anonymous IPs who don't use edit summaries.
- 4. Users who "bite the newcomers" by saying that their tests are vandalism. They were newcomers once. So was I.
- 3. Sockpuppets.
- 2. Vandals. I used to be one, however. But I'm not. But I'm building some sort of museum where only the funniest examples of vandalism make it into my user space.
- 1. Edit wars which lead to a flooding of the Recent Changes, an ArbCom case (ArbCom is the Judge Judy-like entity on Wikipedia,) and protection of the wrong version.