Utah voting issues
This page is part of the Election Protection Wiki,
Things you can do:
Election and registration information
For polling and early voting locations contact your County Clerk.
Voting Machines used November, 2008 in Utah
For a county-by-county list of the specific machines (and the source for this section) see Verified Voting's Verifier tool.
Direct-Recording Electronic (DRE) machines with a paper trail:
- Premier Election Solutions's (Diebold) AccuVote-TSX
- Main article: Voting machines
State of Utah Elections Office
Gary Herbert, Lieutenant Governor
- Website: http://elections.utah.gov/
- State Capitol, Suite 220.
- Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
- Phone: (801)538-1041 . Fax: (801)538-1133.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an extensive log of voting machine problems, see the VotersUnite! report on election incidents.
State and local non-governmental election organizations
League of Women Voters
LWV of Utah
Alice Steiner, President; Nancy Melling, Co-President
- 3804 Highland Drive, Ste. 8D
- Salt Lake City, UT 84106-4209
- Phone: 801-272-8683
- Fax: 801-272-5942
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Cache County
- Cedar City
- Davis County
- Grand County
- Salt Lake
- Utah County
- Washington County
- Weber County
Articles and resources
- The main page on election protection and reform organizations.
- All articles in the Election Protection Wiki project.
- For election day: Things citizens can do to monitor elections and If you are told you cannot vote.
- ↑ See the VotersUnite! Election Problem Log.
- GoVote.org locates your polling place and other voting information.
- Google map polling locations locates most polling location, may be missing or out of date.
Election Protection hotlines
- 866-OUR-VOTE (National Election Protection Hotline)
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA (Español)
- 800-966-5946 (AALDEF, Asian languages)
- 866-MYVOTE1 (Tom Joyner Hotline - VoterAction, NAACP National Voter Fund)
- 877-523-2792 (ACLU Voting Rights Project Hotline)
- 877-US4-OBAMA (Obama campaign Voter Hotline)
- 866-976-VOTE (McCain campaign Honest and Open Election hotline - leave a message)
- 877-GOCNN08 (CNN Voter Problem Tipline)
- 888-VOTE-TIP (VelvetRevolution Election Protection Hotline for fraud)
- 567-258-VOTE (Twitter Vote Report key in report or leave audio message)
- Vote411.org from the League of Women Voters provides all kinds of information to help you vote.
- ACLU's "Know Your Voting Rights - State by State" -- printable brochures summarizing your voting rights, for most states.
- One-page know your rights summaries for 27 states from the AFL-CIO.
- Click here to see the voter ID requirements in all states. From the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Election officials, election reform groups, and elected officials
- Why Tuesday? offers a page for Utah that helps locate Utah's elections officials, election reform groups, and elected officials, as well as a page titled Find a group in your area that lets you find similar information for other states.
- Click here to request an absentee ballot. Go Vote Absentee is a project of the Women Donors Network.
- Information for voters with disabilities from NDRN.
Student voting rights
- See Utah Student Voting Rights for a guide to student voting rights in Utah. See Student Voting Rights for a guide to other states. From the Brennan Center for Justice.
- See how organizations you trust recommend you vote on ballot measures and other statewide contests at TransparentDemocracy.
- Help in other languages from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. 中文, 日本語, 한국어, Tagalog, Tiếng Việt, Español
- Verified Voting's Utah page, which provides detailed information on voting equipment in use in every county in Utah.
- Election Law @ Moritz's Utah page, which provides detailed information on election law developments in Utah. See map page to see the information for election developments in any given state.
- Election Law @ Moritz's Utah general information page, which provides information on Utah election authorities, post-election processes, and other topics. See map page to see this information for any given state.