Utah voting issues
This page is part of the Election Protection Wiki,
Election and registration information
For polling and early voting locations contact your County Clerk.
Voting Machines used November, 2008 in Utah
For a county-by-county list of the specific machines (and the source for this section) see Verified Voting's Verifier tool.
Direct-Recording Electronic (DRE) machines with a paper trail:
- Main article: Voting machines
State of Utah Elections Office
Gary Herbert, Lieutenant Governor
- Website: http://elections.utah.gov/
- State Capitol, Suite 220.
- Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
- Phone: (801)538-1041 . Fax: (801)538-1133.
- Email: email@example.com
- For an extensive log of voting machine problems, see the VotersUnite! report on election incidents.
State and local non-governmental election organizations
League of Women Voters
LWV of Utah
Alice Steiner, President; Nancy Melling, Co-President
- 3804 Highland Drive, Ste. 8D
- Salt Lake City, UT 84106-4209
- Phone: 801-272-8683
- Fax: 801-272-5942
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cache County
- Cedar City
- Davis County
- Grand County
- Salt Lake
- Utah County
- Washington County
- Weber County
Articles and resources
- The main page on election protection and reform organizations.
- All articles in the Election Protection Wiki project.
- For election day: Things citizens can do to monitor elections and If you are told you cannot vote.
- See the VotersUnite! Election Problem Log.
- GoVote.org locates your polling place and other voting information.
- Google map polling locations locates most polling location, may be missing or out of date.
Election Protection hotlines
- 866-OUR-VOTE (National Election Protection Hotline)
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA (Español)
- 800-966-5946 (AALDEF, Asian languages)
- 866-MYVOTE1 (Tom Joyner Hotline - VoterAction, NAACP National Voter Fund)
- 877-523-2792 (ACLU Voting Rights Project Hotline)
- 877-US4-OBAMA (Obama campaign Voter Hotline)
- 866-976-VOTE (McCain campaign Honest and Open Election hotline - leave a message)
- 877-GOCNN08 (CNN Voter Problem Tipline)
- 888-VOTE-TIP (VelvetRevolution Election Protection Hotline for fraud)
- 567-258-VOTE (Twitter Vote Report key in report or leave audio message)
- ACLU's "Know Your Voting Rights - State by State" -- printable brochures summarizing your voting rights, for most states.
- One-page know your rights summaries for 27 states from the AFL-CIO.
- Click here to see the voter ID requirements in all states. From the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Election officials, election reform groups, and elected officials
- Why Tuesday? offers a page for Utah that helps locate Utah's elections officials, election reform groups, and elected officials, as well as a page titled Find a group in your area that lets you find similar information for other states.
- Click here to request an absentee ballot. Go Vote Absentee is a project of the Women Donors Network.
- Information for voters with disabilities from NDRN.
Student voting rights
- See Utah Student Voting Rights for a guide to student voting rights in Utah. See Student Voting Rights for a guide to other states. From the Brennan Center for Justice.
- See how organizations you trust recommend you vote on ballot measures and other statewide contests at TransparentDemocracy.
- Help in other languages from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. 中文, 日本語, 한국어, Tagalog, Tiếng Việt, Español
- Verified Voting's Utah page, which provides detailed information on voting equipment in use in every county in Utah.
- Election Law @ Moritz's Utah page, which provides detailed information on election law developments in Utah. See map page to see the information for election developments in any given state.
- Election Law @ Moritz's Utah general information page, which provides information on Utah election authorities, post-election processes, and other topics. See map page to see this information for any given state.