|CEO Name||Doug Bergeron|
|Annual Company Revenue||$1,303,866,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$44,450,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$30,000|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Verifone is a public company that provides the technology that enables electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the point of sale. Founded in 1981, the company states that it has "designed and marketed system solutions that facilitate the long-term shift towards electronic payment transactions and away from cash and checks. The company is headquartered in San Jose, California.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." VeriFone is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Robert W. Alpsaugh: Director
- Douglas G. Bergeron: Director, Chief Executive Officer
- Dr. Leslie G. Denend: Director
- Alex W. Hart: Director
- Robert B. Henske: Director
- Richard A. McGinn: Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Wenda Harris Millard: Director
- Eitan Raff: Director
- Jeffrey E. Stiefler: Director
2099 Gateway Place
San Jose, CA 95110
Phone: (408) 232-7800
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security