Warren W. Tichenor
Warren W. Tichenor, of San Antonio, Texas, was nominated March 7, 2006, by President George W. Bush to be the Representative of the United States of America to the European Office of the United Nations and other International Organizations, with the Rank of Ambassador. His nomination was sent to the U.S. Senate for confirmation on March 15, 2006.
Tichenor was "one of the top 10 donors to Bush's 1998 gubernatorial campaign." 
After winning the presidential election in 2000, the Bush campaign's "biggest reimbursement" for the use of a corporate jet "went to a company affiliated with Warren Tichenor, a San Antonio investor who advised Bush on gaining the Hispanic vote. W.W. Tichenor & Co. was paid more than $144,000 for use of its corporate jet. Tichenor, who holds a stake in dozens of Tejano music stations around the country, was one of the biggest contributors of in-kind travel costs during Bush's two previous gubernatorial campaigns, according to the Houston Chronicle," Open Secret's Capital Eye reported in its Winter 2001 issue.
- Council of Foundation, Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining 
At the time of his nomination, Tichenor was serving as President of W.W. Tichenor & Co., Inc. Prior to this, he served as Vice President of Tichenor Media System, Inc. Tichenor received his bachelor's degree from the University of Southern California. 
Bush Family Connections
In October 2003, Lucy Morgan reported in Florida's St. Petersburg Times that Governor Jeb Bush had "jetted" into Hattiesburg, Mississippi, "to campaign with Haley Barbour, a longtime friend." Bush "made the quick trip aboard a luxurious private jet furnished by Warren W. Tichenor, a San Antonio, Texas, businessman with close ties to his brother and father."
Presidential Election 2004
Other members of the Tichenor family contributed significant funds to either the RNC or Bush for the 2004 election: 
- Mrs. Rhonda S. Tichenor (37 Eton Green Circle, San Antonio) contributed $50,000 to the RNC.
- Mr. Mc Henry T. Tichenor, Jr. (Dallas; Broadcaster, Univision Radio) contributed $25,500 to the RNC.
- Mrs. Meredith C. Tichenor (Westlake, TX) contributed $25,000 to the RNC.
- Mr. William E. Tichenor (Westlake, TX) contributed $25,000 to the RNC.
- Mr. Mc Henry Taylor Tichenor (Broadcaster, Hispanic Broadcasting Association; Hilton Head, SC) donated $15,000 to the RNC.
- Mrs. JEAN T. TICHENOR (Paradise Valley, AZ) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- Mrs. Lisa W. Tichenor (Dallas, TX) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- Mr. MC HENRY TAYLOR TICHENOR (UNIVISION-PLANNER/UNIVISION, Hilton Head, SC) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- Mr. Mc Henry Tichenor (C.E.O., Hispanic Broadcasting Corporation; Dallas, TX) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- MRS. MEREDITH C. TICHENOR (Dallas, TX) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- MRS. RHONDA S. TICHENOR (37 Eton Green Circle, San Antonio) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- MR. WILLIAM TICHENOR (Dallas, TX) contributed $2,000 to George W. Bush.
- Mr. Raymond Tichenor (Chairman Of The Board, T.I.S., Inc.) contributed $1,000 to the RNC.
Texas Gubernatorial Campaign Contributions
Texans for Public Justice report that Warren W. Tichenor, W.W. Tichenor & Co, San Antonio, Texas, donated $89,436, ranking at 31 on a list of 40 ("The Governor's Gusher: The Sources of George W. Bush's $41 Million texas War Chest").
Resources and articles
- Council of Foundation, GICHD, accessed July 23, 2007.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- "Bushes bring capital's elite to fiesta for Foxes," Associated Press (St. Petersburg Times), September 6, 2001.
- Holly Bailey, "Flying High on Corporations. Bush campaign took advantage of company jets," Capital Eye/Open Secrets.org, Winter 2001.
- Thomas B. Edsall and Sarah Cohen, "Broadcasters Bank on a Combination of Interests. Parties seeking FCC approval of Hispanic broadcasting merger are big donors to Bush campaign," Washington Post, August 10, 2003.
- "Library of American Broadcasting Honors 15 'Giants'," PR Web, September 20, 2005. Attendees included "The Tichenor family (Mac Tichenor, Sr., Mac Tichenor, Jr. and Warren Tichenor)."