|Campaign to |
|CEO Name||Daniel Fulton|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$9,059,697|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$1,127,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$6,216,000,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$7,700,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$10,665,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Weyerhaeuser describes itself as is one of the top forest products companies in the U.S. It produces lumber, plywood, and other building materials, corrugated boxes, industrial packaging, and with Domtar Corporation it produces copier paper. It also builds housing and master-planned communities. It owns 6.4 million acres of forest in the U.S. and it leases 30 million acres in Canada. 
Weyerhaeuser Company is an international forest products company with annual sales of $21.9 billion. According to CNN Money the company's 2011 revenues were $6.55 billion. The company was founded in 1900 and currently employs about 41,000 people in 18 countries. It's been ranked in the Fortune 200 since 1956.
|Documents Contained at the Anti-Environmental Archives|
Documents written by or referencing this person or organization are contained in the Anti-Environmental Archive, launched by Greenpeace on Earth Day, 2015. The archive contains 3,500 documents, some 27,000 pages, covering 350 organizations and individuals. The current archive includes mainly documents collected in the late 1980s through the early 2000s by The Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research (CLEAR), an organization that tracked the rise of the so called "Wise Use" movement in the 1990s during the Clinton presidency. Access the index to the Anti-Environmental Archives here.
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Weyerhaeuser is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of February 2013:
- Debra A. Cafaro
- Mark A. Emmert
- Daniel S. Fulton
- John I. Kieckhefer
- Wayne W. Murdy
- Nicole W. Piasecki
- Doyle R. Simons
- Richard H. Sinkfield
- D. Michael Steuert
- Kim Williams
- Charles R. Williamson
Former board members include:
- James N. Sullivan, retired Vice Chairman of the Board of Chevron
- Steven R. Rogel
- Debra A. Cafaro
- Donald F. Mazankowski, former Member of Parliament, Government of Canada
- Nicole W. Piasecki, President of Boeing Japan
- Martha R. Ingram
- Arnold G. Langbo
As of February 2013:
- Patricia M. Bedient — Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Lawrence B. Burrows — Senior Vice President, Residential Wood Products
- Srinivasan Chandrasekaran — Senior Vice President, Cellulose Fibers
- Miles P. Drake — Senior Vice President, Research and Development, Chief Technology Officer
- Daniel S. Fulton — President and CEO, Weyerhaeuser Company
- Thomas F. Gideon — Executive Vice President, Timberlands
- John A. Hooper — Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- Sandy D. McDade — Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- Peter M. Orser — President, Weyerhaeuser Real Estate Company
Key executives and pay for 2006:
- Steven R. Rogel, Chairman and CEO, $1,290,000
- Richard E. Hanson, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, $693,000
- Daniel S. Fulton, Chief Executive Officer of Weyerhaeuser Real Estate $593,000
- Lee T. Alford, Senior Vice President of Residential Wood Products, $430,000
- Patricia M. Bedient, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President
Former executives include:
- John Creighton, Jr., former President and CEO
33663 Weyerhaeuser Way South
Federal Way, WA 98003
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Profile, Hoovers, accessed July 2007.
- Weyerhaeuser, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page 31.
- About, Weyerhauser, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Weyerhaeuser, "Board of Directors", organizational website, accessed February 2013
- Expire in 2010, Weyerhauser, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Weyerhaeuser, "Senior Officers", organizational website, accessed February 2013
- Key executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed July 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed July 2007.
- Weyerhaeuser lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|