Woolf Farming is a 25,000 acre "family-owned diversified farming and processing operation in Fresno County, California." It was founded by Jack and Bernice Woolf in 1974 and is now owned by them and their six children and 24 grandchildren. The President and CEO is Jack and Bernice's son, Stuart Patrick Woolf. "From its 1974 beginnings primarily in cotton, the Woolf family farm now produces non-farm program crops, including processing tomatoes, garlic, onions, almonds, pistachios and wine grapes. The Woolf family also partners in a tomato processing plant, almond processor, ginning company and an irrigation related business."
In a 2008 testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Natural Resources, Subcommittee on Water and Power, Stuart Woolf described the business as follows:
- "We produce a diversified crop mix, mostly specialty crops and are directly involved with several processing facilities. These facilities include: Harris Woolf Almonds, Los Gatos Tomato Products, Cal West Rain, Patterson Vegetable Products, Huron Ginning Company and the Woolf Nursery. Collectively these operations provide work for over 900 full time employees 600 of which are union members. Our products are marketed globally.
- "Our team manages its resources intensively and sustainably. Like many others, we have invested millions of dollars in land leveling, distribution systems, pipelines, wells, land retirement, water scheduling, drip irrigation and recycling...
- "We tend to focus on shelf stable products which include: almonds, pistachios, processing tomatoes, onions & garlic and more recently, bare root roses."
- Woolf Farming Co.
- 18036 Gale Avenue
- Huron, California 93234
- Woolf Farming and Processing
- 7041 N Van Ness Blvd
- Fresno, CA 93711
- Ph: 559-226-9292
- Email: info at woolffarming.com
- Web: http://www.woolffarming.com/
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Pacific Community Ventures Board of Advisors Stuart Woolf
- Stuart Woolf: Executive Profile, Business Week.
- Woof Farming and Processing and Walmart, Green is Good, July 2010.