Yokkaichi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Yokkaichi power station is a proposed 112-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Mie Prefecture, Chubu, Japan.
The map below shows the city of Yokkaichi, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In January 2015 Mitsubishi Chemical said it planned a coal-fired power station of 112 MW in the Yokkaichi Kawajiri district, to supply power and steam to Mitsubishi Chemical facilities and sell the surplus power to consumers. Operation is planned for 2019.
- Sponsor: MC Kawajiri Energy Service Co.
- Parent Company: Mitsubishi
- Location: Yokkaichi city, Mie Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 34.966667, 136.616667 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 112 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2019
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "三菱化学:四日市事業所に石炭火力発電 ／三重," Mainichi Shimbun, January 16, 2015