American Council for Capital Formation
American Council for Capital Formation (ACCF) is a think tank that prides itself on "economic growth through sound tax, regulatory, and environmental policies." ACCF is a very influential in Washington D.C. with ACCF's President Mark Bloomfield as being, "one of the most influential figures operating behind the scenes in the Congress," Robert Novak, 1997.
ACCF has a conservative perspective of economic policy and favors policies that favor big business. ACCF's Officers and Board of Directors included former high-ranking politicians (predominantly Republican) in the U.S. government along with representatives of industry associations, including individuals from the American Petroleum Institute, Principal Financial Group, American Chemistry Council, American Farm Bureau Federation, American Business Conference, American Forest & Paper Association, Edison Electric Institute, the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association and other pro-industry trade associations and corporations. Individuals from the American Enterprise Institute, and the Hoover Institution are members of ACCF's Board of Scholars.
Accessed May 2010: 
- Bill Archer - former Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee as Republican congressman from Texas for 30 years.
- Mark A. Bloomfield - President and CEO, American Council for Capital Formation and host of the blog, www.MrCapitalGains.com
- Red Cavaney - former President and CEO, American Petroleum Institute, founder of American Plastics Council and current SVP at ConocoPhillips
- Kenneth M. Duberstein - former Chief of Staff to President Reagan and chairman of the Duberstein Group
- John Engler - President and CEO, National Association of Manufacturers
- Glenn English - CEO, National Rural Electric Cooperative Association
- Robert W. Galvin - Chairman Emeritus, Motorola, Inc.
- William H. Gray III - former Chairman, House Committee on the Budget and Democratic Majority Whip, now chairman of lobbyist group, Gray Loeffler, LLC
- Donna A. Harman - President and CEO, American Forest & Paper Association
- M. Christine Jacobs - Chairman, President and CEO, Theragenics Corporation
- James R. Jones - former U.S. Ambassador to Mexico and Congressman from Oklahoma
- Jim Kolbe - former Republican congressional representative for Arizona, from 1985 to 2007
- Thomas R. Kuhn - President, Edison Electric Institute
- Donald L. Lucas - Venture Capitalist and former owner of the automotive dealership Lucas Dealership Group
- Frederic V. Malek - Chairman, Thayer Capital Partners, L.P. and Republican politician most recently serving as co-Finance chair for the McCain campaign
- Dave McCurdy - President, Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers and former conservative Democratic congressman from Oklahoma
- William J. McDonough - Vice Chairman & Special Advisor to the Chairman, Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- Kyle E. McSlarrow - President and CEO, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Don Nickles - former Chairman, Senate Committee on the Budget and Republican U.S. Senator from Oklahoma from 1981 to 2005
- Michael G. Oxley - former Republican Chairman, House Committee on Financial Services as a congressman from Ohio
- Gerald L. Parsky - Chairman, Aurora Capital Group and Republican politician who has served all 5 US presidents since Richard Nixon
- Richard W. Rahn - Chairman, Novecon and on Board of Directors of the taxfree offshore financial center, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority from 2002-2008
- David Rehr - President and CEO, National Association of Broadcasters
- William D. Ruckelshaus - former Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for Nixon and Reagan administrations
- George P. Shultz - former Secretary of State in the Reagan administration
- Charles W. Stenholm - former Member of Congress as a conservative Democrat
- Robert S. Strauss - former U.S. Ambassador to the Russian Federation, trade negotiator and head of Democratic Party under Jimmy Carter
- Margo Thorning - Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, American Council for Capital Formation
- Charls E. Walker - Founder and Chairman Emeritus, American Council for Capital Formation, former Deputy Secretary of the Treasury
- Steven A. Wechsler - President and CEO, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Mark A. Weinberger - former Assistant Secretary (Tax Policy), U.S. Department of the Treasury
- John C. Whitehead - former Deputy Secretary of State in the Reagan adminstration
1750 K Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 293-5811
Fax: (202) 785-8165
- Jonathan Weisman,"White House Intensifies Push for Tax Plan", Washington Post, Jan 16, 2003.
Resources and articles
- Directors, American Council for Capital Formation, accessed May 9, 2010.