Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Learn more about the threat drilling for methane gas poses to fresh water.
Molson Coors Brewing Company is one of the largest brewers in the world. In October 2007, Molson Coors and SABMiller announced that they are merging their U.S. operations, to form MillerCoors. However, Molson Coors and SABMiller are still independently run. It was formerly known as Adolph Coors Company, changing its name when it merged with Canada's Molson in 2005. It is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, U.S. and Montreal, Canada. It mostly sells in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Brands include Coors, Coors Light, Blue Moon, George Killian's Irish Red, Keystone, Zima, Molson Canadian, Carling, Worthington's ales, Caffrey's, Reef, Screamers, and Stones. 
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
Pete Coors, Chairman of the Molson Coors Brewing Co., spoke on "philanthropy" at the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) 2009 Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA on Wednesday, July 15, 2009.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Other ALEC corporations are listed here.
As part of the company's corporate social responsibility efforts, Molson Coors funded a "global public opinion survey on attitudes about fresh water sustainability, management and conservation," in conjunction with the water-focused journalism group Circle of Blue and the polling company GlobeScan. The poll results were announced at World Water Week, in August 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden. 
In July 2009, Molson Coors announced "a strategic collaboration" with Circle of Blue. "The relationship with Circle of Blue deepens Molson Coors' commitment to the United Nations CEO Water Mandate," stated a company press release. "Molson Coors is a longstanding and active member of the Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable (BIER) where global beverage companies work together to advance water conservation and resource protection." Molson Coors also has partnerships with the River Network, on "watershed protection programs in several states across the U.S.," and with Water for People on "integrated water resource management" internationally. 
Molson Canada is the Canadian division and Coors Brewing Company is the U.S. part of the company. These are key executives with 2006 pay: 
- W. Leo Kiely III, Chief Executive Officer, President, Director of Coors Brewing Company, $6,682,208 (also exercised $1,191,058 in options)
- Timothy V. Wolf, Chief Financial Officer of Coors Brewing Company, $2,962,991 (also exercised $838,740 in options)
- Peter Swinburn, Chief Executive Officer of Coors Europe & Asia-Molson Coors Brewing, $3,529,808
- Frits D. van Paasschen, Chief Executive Officer of Coors Brewing Company
- Kevin T. Boyce, Chief Executive Officer of Molson Canada, $2,037,860
Selected board members:
- Francesco Bellini, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Neurochem Inc.
- Peter H. Coors, Director of U.S. Bancorp, served in a number of different executive and management positions for Coors
- Eric H. Molson, Director of Molson from 1974 to 2005 and served as chairman of the board of Molson from 1988 to 2005
Accessed June 2012: 
- Andrew T. Molson - Chairman Of The Board, Molson Coors Brewing Company
- Peter H. Coors - Vice-Chairman Of The Board, Molson Coors Brewing Company
- Peter Swinburn - President and Chief Executive Officer, Molson Coors Brewing Company
- Francesco Bellini - Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, BELLUS Health Inc.
- Brian Goldner - President and Chief Executive Officer, Hasbro, Inc.
- Louis Vachon - President and Chief Operations Officer, National Bank
- Roger Eaton - Chief Operations Officer, Yum! Brands, Inc.
- Charles M. Herington - Executive Vice President (Avon Products, Inc.), President (Avon Latin America)
- Franklin W. Hobbs - Partner, One Equity Partners
- Geoff Molson - President and Chief Executive Officer, Club de hockey Canadien
- Iain Napier - Chairman, Imperial Tobacco Group PLC
- Christien Coors-Ficeli - Region Chain Director, MillerCoors
- Doug Tough - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, International Flavors and Fragrances Inc.
- H. Sanford Riley - President and Chief Executive Officer, Richardson Financial Group
1225 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
1555 Notre Dame Street East
Montreal, QC H2L 2R5
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ Emily Fredrix, Coors/SABMiller to Combine US Operations, Washington Post, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Profile, Yahoo Finance, accessed July 2007.
- ↑ Molson Coors Headquarters, Hoovers, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Press release, "New Global Public Opinion Survey Finds Water Issues Are the Top Environmental Concern Worldwide," Molson Coors, Circle of Blue and GlobeScan via PRNewswire, August 18, 2009.
- ↑ Press release, "Molson Coors and Circle of Blue to partner in Water Sustainability Research and Public Engagement: Launching Global Survey of Public Perceptions of Water Quality and Conservation," Molson Coors, July 20, 2009.
- ↑ 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed July 2007.
- ↑ Molson Coors lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
- ↑ Key executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed July 2007.
- ↑ W Leo Kiely III, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Timothy V Wolf, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Peter Swinburn, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Kevin T Boyce, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- ↑ Board of Directors, Molson Coors, accessed July 2007.
- ↑ Molson Coors Board, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2012.
- "CSR interview with Barton Alexander from Molson-Coors," DevelopmentCrossing.com, April 10, 2009.
- Press release, "New Global Public Opinion Survey Finds Water Issues Are the Top Environmental Concern Worldwide," Molson Coors, Circle of Blue and GlobeScan via PRNewswire, August 18, 2009.
This article may include information from Tobacco Documents Online.
|Search the Documents Archives of the Tobacco Industry|
|Legacy Tobacco Documents Library:|