Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
The Freedom Foundation, formerly known as the Evergreen Freedom Foundation, is a libertarian think tank based in Olympia, Washington, whose mission is "to advance individual liberty, free enterprise, and limited, accountable government." Freedom Foundation is a member of the State Policy Network (SPN).
- 1 News and Controversies
- 2 Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
- 3 Ties to the Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity
- 4 History
- 5 Funding
- 6 Core Financials
- 7 Personnel
- 8 Contact Information
- 9 Articles and Resources
News and Controversies
Aggressively Campaigned to Undermine Unions
A March 2016 Article from The Guardian reports how the Freedom Foundation has sponsored efforts to undermine unions in Washington and Oregon. According to the article the Freedom Foundation "dispatched activists to visit the homes of more than 10,000 childcare and home-care workers in Washington and Oregon to advise them that under a two-year-old supreme court decision, they can opt out of paying union dues." Additionally, the Freedom Foundation "has made public records requests to numerous counties to obtain the names and addresses of home-care and childcare aides..." and "does podcasts that rail against unions and sponsors a website, optouttoday.com, telling public-sector workers they can quit their unions."
A fundraising letter from August 2015 stated that "The Freedom Foundation has a proven plan for bankrupting and defeating government unions through education, litigation, legislation and community activation..." and goes on to say that "we won’t be satisfied with anything short of total victory against the government union thugs." In a January 2016 speech to Americans for Prosperity, Oregon Director Anne Marie Gurney stated that "Our No 1 stated focus is to defund the political left." Despite these statements, Freedom Foundation's CEO as of August 2016 Tom McCabe has stated that his goal is simply "to provide freedom to union members and to give them a choice about whether or not they want to belong to a union."
In December 2015 a group of labor unions wrote a letter to the IRS requesting that the Freedom Foundation be stripped of its 501(c)(3) status, arguing that "The Freedom Foundation is operated for the private benefit of the Republican Party and other conservative and libertarian groups..."
Accused of Violating Washington Campaign Finance Laws
In October 2015 Washington's Attorney General filed a lawsuit against the Freedom Foundation, accusing them of breaking state campaign finance laws. The Seattle Times reported that Washington AG had accused the foundation of failing "to properly disclose independent expenditures in support of anti-union ballot measures in the towns of Sequim, Chelan and Shelton." In a victory for the Freedom Foundation the judge rejected the Attorney General's lawsuit.
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
Bob Williams, founder of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation and a Senior Fellow as of August 2016, was formerly the private sector chair of the Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). He is also on the ALEC Board of Scholars as of August 2016. In August 2011, he received ALEC's Private Sector Member of the Year Award.
Williams has been active in sponsoring model legislation and presenting it to the task force on behalf the Freedom Foundation. In 2010, Williams sponsored the "Defined Contribution Pension Reform Act" at the States and Nation Policy Summit. At the 2011 Spring Task Force Summit, Mr. Williams presented "Broken Budgets in the States" and the "Unfunded Pension Liabilities Accounting Act." His Freedom Foundation colleague, Amber Gunn, sponsored the "State Agency Lobbying Reform Act" at the same meeting. At the 2011 ALEC annual meeting, Williams presented on "State Budget Solutions."
Trent England, former Vice President of Policy and Adjunct Fellow at the Freedom Foundation as of August 2016, was on the ALEC Public Safety and Elections Task Force as of the August 2011 Annual Meeting (the task force was later disbanded in April 2012). He gave a presentation on the Electoral College at ALEC's 2010 States and Nation Policy Summit. Mr. England also participated in a debate (“Electoral College v National Popular Vote”) against Ray Haynes of the National Popular Vote at the 2011 Annual Meeting.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Ties to the Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity
The Freedom Foundation has hosted writers from the ALEC-connected Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity, which screens potential reporters on their “free market” views as part of the job application process. The Franklin Center funds reporters in over 40 states. Despite their non-partisan description, many of the websites funded by the Franklin Center have received criticism for their conservative bias. On its website, the Franklin Center claims it "provides 10 percent of all daily reporting from state capitals nationwide."
Franklin Center Funding
Franklin Center Director of Communications Michael Moroney told the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) in 2013 that the source of the Franklin Center's funding "is 100 percent anonymous." But 95 percent of its 2011 funding came from DonorsTrust, a spin-off of the Philanthropy Roundtable that functions as a large "donor-advised fund," cloaking the identity of donors to right-wing causes across the country (CPI did a review of Franklin's Internal Revenue Service records). Mother Jones called DonorsTrust "the dark-money ATM of the conservative movement" in a February 2013 article. Franklin received DonorTrust's second-largest donation in 2011.
The Franklin Center was launched by the Chicago-based Sam Adams Alliance (SAM), a 501(c)(3) devoted to pushing free-market ideals. SAM gets funding from the State Policy Network, which is partially funded by The Claude R. Lambe Foundation. Charles Koch, one of the billionaire brothers who co-own Koch Industries, sits on the board of this foundation. SAM also receives funding from the Rodney Fund.
The Evergreen Freedom Foundation was founded in 1991 as a private, non-profit public policy think tank in Washington State. Its efforts center around public policy research and alternatives in these core areas: state budget and tax policy, education, labor policy, property rights, legal policy, and citizenship and governance. The Evergreen Freedom Foundation is, according to the Seattle Times, a libertarian think tank, based in Olympia, Washington, founded by Bob Williams, a former state legislator and gubernatorial candidate.
During Dino Rossi's failed attempt to gain the Washington State governorship through a court challenge to the recount process, the Evergreen Freedom Foundation provided strong ideological support. It pushed a "Voter Integrity Project," which focused on requiring voter ID to prevent voter fraud, and started a "Grassroots Washington" group.
The Evergreen Freedom Foundation neither solicits nor accepts funds from the government, according to its promotional materials. All programs and activities are funded by private donations and grants. Its funding comes from individuals, corporations, and numerous private foundations.
The Freedom Foundation's funders have included:
- The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation has given $557,500 from 1998-2014.
- The Roe Foundation, founded by the late Thomas A. Roe, a prominent Heritage Foundation supporter and co-founder of the State Policy Network, has given $400,000 from 1998-2014.
- Donors Capital Fund has given $718,019 in grants from 2010-2014.
- DonorsTrust has given $71,150 in grants from 2010-2014.
- Total Revenue: $3,348,348
- Total Expenses: $2,809,323
- Net Assets: $1,539,702
- Total Revenue: $2,170,285
- Total Expenses: $2,211,611
- Net Assets: $1,021,760
- Total Revenue: $1,766,236
- Total Expenses: $2,263,750
- Net Assets: $1,061,786
- Total Revenue: $3,240,143
- Total Expenses: $2,236,573
- Net Assets: $1,519,676
- Total Revenue: $2,148,032
- Total Expenses: $2,908,106
- Net Assets: $502,865
- Total Revenue: $2,680,800
- Total Expenses: $2,676,198
- Net Assets: $1,262,939
- Total Revenue: $2,338,192
- Total Expenses: $2,686,930
- Net Assets: $1,249,633
As of August 2016:
- Tom McCabe, CEO
- Brian Minnich, Executive Vice President
Policy and Fellows
- Trent England, Adjunct Fellow (former Executive Vice President)
- Jami Lund, Senior Policy Analyst
- Maxford Nelsen, Director of Labor Policy
- Ben Straka, Oregon Policy Analyst
- Bob Williams, Founder and Senior Fellow
- James Abernathy, Litigation Counsel
- David Dewhirst, Litigation Counsel
- Jim Johnson, Senior Legal Fellow
- Greg Overstreet, Managing Attorney
- Stephanie Olson, Litigation Counsel
- Karen Osborne, Litigation Counsel
- Kirsten Nelsen, Paralegal
Freedom in Action
- Anne Marie Gurney, Oregon Director
- Matthew Hayward, Washington Coordinator
- Aaron Withe, Oregon Outreach Coordinator
- David Bramblett, Creative Director
- Boaz Crawford, Multimedia Designer
- Jeff Rhodes, Managing Editor
- Judy Cook, Development Associate
- Meggan Goudy, Advancement Associate
- Lara Hastings, Advancement Director (Eastern Washington)
- Jennifer Kelly, Development Coordinator
- Vicki Kraft, Advancement Director (Southwest Washington)
- Scott Roberts, Vice President of Development
- Ron Valencia, Advancement Associate
- Billie Roberts, Administrative Assistant
- Gerrit Shilman, Director of Administration and Finance
- Lois Beard - Chief Operations Officer
- Ryan Bedford - Legal Research Assistant
- S. Alex Bohler - Policy Analyst
- Denise Brandt - Volunteer Coordinator / Office Assistant
- Bob Edelman - Director, Voter Integrity Project
- Irene Endicott - Puget Sound Dev. Associate
- Marie Giger - Office Manager
- Lynn Harsh - Senior Vice President
- Cheryl Hymes - Director, Health Care Reform Center
- Gail Kramer - Financial Assistant
- Kathy McDonald - Southwest Washington Development Associate
- Juliana McMahan - Member Services Director / Executive Administrator
- Jason Mercier - Senior Budget Analyst, Economic Policy Center
- Kristen Mercier - Policy Analyst/Grant Writer
- Michael Reitz - Director and Legal Analyst, Labor Policy Center
- Marsha Richards - Director, Education Reform Center
- Joel Sorrell - Multimedia Specialist
- Booker T. Stallworth - Communications Director
- Dan Steele - Multimedia Assistant
- Jonathan Bechtle, former CEO
- Duane Alton, former Trustee
- Mary Jo Kahler, former Trustee
- Roger Bowlin, former Trustee
- Dr. Mathew Manweller, former Trustee
- Harry Truitt, former Trustee
- Amber Gunn, former Economic Policy Fellow
- Diana Moore, former Senior Education Analyst
- Glen Morgan, former Property Rights Director
- David Roland, former Director of the Theodor L. Stiles Center for Liberty
Board of Directors
As of 2014:
- Steve Neighbors, Chair
- Richard Rokes, Vice Chair
- Lou Novak, Secretary
- Tim McMahon, Treasurer
- Hans Stoker, Trustee
- Bill Conner, Trustee
- Robert Jankelson, Trustee
- Barbara Kenney, Trustee
- Laurie Lyford, Trustee
- Alvin Starkenburg, Trustee
- Tracy Wilson, Trustee
- Dr. John Vasko, Trustee
- Elaine Chandler, Trustee
- Charlie Conner, Trustee
P.O. Box 552
Olympia, WA 98507
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- State Policy Network:
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
- Donors Capital Fund
- Koch Family Foundations
- Koch Industries
- Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity
- Heritage Foundation
- Think tanks
- Whitney Ball
- Adam Meyerson
- Bridgett Wagner
Related PRWatch Articles
- Brendan Fischer, Why Are the Franklin Center's "Wisconsin Reporter" and "Watchdog.org" Attacking the John Doe?, PRWatch.org, December 19, 2013.
- Rebekah Wilce, The State Policy Network's Cozy Relationship with Big Tobacco, PRWatch.org, December 16, 2013.
- Rebekah Wilce, Did ALEC Found SPN? 1991 Report Suggests So, Exposes SPN Agenda, PRWatch.org, December 12, 2013.
- Rebekah Wilce, Guardian Documents Expose State Policy Network Groups' Intent to Lobby, PRWatch.org, December 5, 2013.
- Rebekah Wilce, State Policy Network: The Stealth Network Dramatically Influencing State Law, PRWatch.org, December 5, 2013.
- Rebekah Wilce, Tracie Sharp: Bursar of Mystery Money and "IKEA Model" Materials to Stink Tanks, PRWatch.org, November 19, 2013.
- Center for Media and Democracy, Reports Expose Extreme Pressure Groups Masquerading as Think Tanks, press release, November 13, 2013.
- Rebekah Wilce, A Reporters’ Guide to the "State Policy Network": the Right-Wing Think Tanks Spinning Disinformation and Pushing the ALEC Agenda in the States, PRWatch.org, April 4, 2013.
- Sara Jerving, ALEC and Heartland Aim to Crush Renewable Energy Standards in the States, PRWatch.org, November 27, 2012.
- Connor Gibson, Meet the Network Hiding the Koch Money: "Donors Trust" and "Donors Capital Fund", PRWatch.org, October 29, 2012.
- Brendan Fischer, Koch-Funded Mackinac Center Brings Wisconsin Act 10 Provisions to ALEC, PRWatch.org, May 2, 2012.
- Sara Jerving, Franklin Center: Right-Wing Funds State News Source, PRWatch.org, October 31, 2011.
- DeSmog Blog, Stink Tanks: Historical Records Reveal State Policy Network Was Created by ALEC, December 9, 2013.
- The Guardian, State conservative groups plan US-wide assault on education, health and tax, December 5, 2013.
- Portland Press Herald, "Washington County residents have mixed reactions to plan to eliminate taxes," December 5, 2013.
- The Texas Observer, "The Money Behind the Fight to Undermine Medicaid," December 5, 2013.
- Media Matters, North Carolina Newspapers Largely Ignore Conservative Funding Of Sham Think Tanks, December 3, 2013.
- Shepherd Express, Masters of Manipulation: Right-wing Billionaires, Corporations and the Bradley Foundation Pay for Junk Studies that Prop up Their Agenda, November 27, 2013.
- "Moyers & Company," How a Shadowy Network of Corporate Front Groups Distorts the Marketplace of Ideas, November 19, 2013.
- MSNBC "Rachel Maddow Show," November 18, 2013.
- Free Speech TV "Ring of Fire," Facebook, Microsoft, AT&T and Others Supporting Right Wing Propaganda Machine, November 18, 2013.
- Topeka Capital-Journal, Trabert dismisses report tying KPI to Koch agenda, November 16, 2013.
- The New Yorker (Jane Mayer), Is IKEA the New Model for the Conservative Movement?, November 15, 2013.
- Salon, Ted Cruz and Koch brothers embroiled in shadowy Tea Party scheme, November 15, 2013.
- St. Louis Business Journal, Beyond Sinquefield: Who else is funding the Show-Me Institute?, November 15, 2013.
- The Guardian, Facebook and Microsoft help fund rightwing lobby network, report finds, November 14, 2013.
- Huffington Post, Meet The Little-Known Network Pushing Ideas For Kochs, ALEC, November 14, 2013.
- CBS St. Louis, Show-Me Institute’s Ties Questioned in New Report, November 14, 2013.
- Talking Points Memo, Florida Conservative Group Helping Muck Up Obamacare In Alaska, November 14, 2013.
- Mint Press News, Reports Reveal SPN’s Secret Corporate Agenda Through Use ‘Expert’ Testimony, November 14, 2013.
- Media Matters, Shadowy Right-Wing Group Generates Media Coverage For Conservative Policy From Coast To Coast, November 14, 2013.
- The Institute for Southern Studies, Are conservative think tanks breaking lobbying laws?, November 14, 2013.
- Nonprofit Quarterly, Corporate Money in Network of Right-Wing State Policy Think Tanks, November 14, 2013.
- The Progressive, Right-Wing Think Tanks Push Privatization in the States, November 13, 2013.
- Politico, Report: Think tanks tied to Kochs, November 13, 2013.
- Lawrence Journal-World, Reports released by progressive groups are critical of Kansas Policy Institute, November 13, 2013.
- Maine Insights, Report: Maine Heritage Policy Center’s funding connection to Koch Brothers, November 13, 2013.
- The Florida Current, Liberal groups bemoan lobbying by conservative think tanks, November 13, 2013.
- The Oregonian, Cascade Policy Institute benefits from secretive donor group but says it operates independently, November 13, 2013.
- Center for Media and Democracy, EXPOSED: The State Policy Network, The Powerful Right-Wing Network Helping to Hijack State Politics and Government, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Arizona Working Families and CMD, A Reporter’s Guide to the Goldwater Institute: What Citizens, Policymakers, and Reporters Should Know, organizational report, updated November 13, 2013.
- Progress Florida and CMD, Lawmaking Under the Influence of Very Special Interests: Understand the role of Florida ‘think tanks’ in driving a Koch-fueled, ALEC-allied corporate agenda, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Maine's Majority Education Fund, Fooling Maine: How national conservative groups infiltrated Maine politics by founding and funding the Maine Heritage Policy Center, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Progress Michigan, Who's Running Michigan? The Far-Right Influence of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Alliance for a Better Minnesota, Who's in Charge: How Nationalized Corporate-Run Think Tanks Influence Minnesota Politics, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Progress Missouri, What Missourians Need to Know About the Show-Me Institute, organizational report, updated November 13, 2013.
- Granite State Progress, Bad Bartlett: The Josiah Bartlett Center and NH Watchdog Answer the Call of the Koch Brothers, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- ProgressOhio, Smoke Screen: The Buckeye Institute, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Keystone Progress, Think tanks or corporate lobbyist propaganda mills?, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Progress Texas, TPPF + ALEC, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- One Wisconsin Now, S is for Shill: Inside the Bradley Foundation's Attack on Public Education, organizational report, November 13, 2013.
- Muncie Voice, Pence and Right-Wing Are Taking Over Public Education, November 13, 2013.
- The Spokesman-Review, Shawn Vestal: Idaho Freedom Foundation pushes limits of word ‘charity’, November 2, 2013.
- AZ Central, When this ‘watchdog’ pitches, taxpayers strike out, October 12, 2013.
- IndyStar, Daniels says speech to partisan group was a mistake, October 10, 2013.
- Muncie Voice, Indiana Policy Review: Not an Independent News Source, October 2, 2013.
- The Spokesman-Review, Idaho Freedom Foundation's charitable status scrutinized, September 15, 2013.
- CounterSpin, Lee Fang on 'The Right Leans In', April 5, 2013.
- FireDogLake, State Policy Network, an umbrella coordinating ALEC, Heritage, Heartland and others, April 4, 2013.
- Thom Hartmann with Lee Fang on MSNBC, The conservative State Policy Network is sneaking into your state & will change America, March 29, 2013.
- Current TV "War Room", Lee Fang discussing the State Policy Network, March 28, 2013.
- The Nation, The Right Leans In, March 26, 2013.
- Democracy Now, Donors Trust: Little-Known Group Helps Wealthy Backers Fund Right-Wing Agenda in Secret, February 19, 2013.
- Paul Abowd, Center for Public Integrity, Donors use charity to push free-market policies in states, Consider the Source, February 14, 2013.
- John R. Mashey, Fake science, fakexperts, funny finances, free of tax 2, DeSmog Blog report, updated October 23, 2012, p. 74.
- Urban Milwaukee, Stealth Conservatives, October 11, 2012.
- Rome News-Tribune, ANALYSIS: Georgia leaders depend on the same well for ideas, October 2012.
- Andy Kroll, The Right-Wing Network Behind the War on Unions, Mother Jones, April 25, 2011.
- Guidestar, State Policy Network, IRS filings and other organizational information about SPN.
- Center for Policy Alternatives, ALEC and the Extreme Right-Wing Agenda, organizational brochure about ALEC and SPN.
- John J. Miller, Fifty Flowers Bloom: Conservative think tanks — mini–Heritage Foundations — at the state level, National Review, November 19, 2007.
- Bridge Project, State Policy Network, online resource listing grants to SPN and SPN's connections to other groups.
- People for the American Way, State Policy Network, RightWingWatch.org, organizational resource.
- Greenpeace, Koch Industries Climate Denial Front Group: State Policy Network (SPN), organizational resource.
- Official site
- HeraldNet, "State looks to you for traffic solutions"
- Ballotpedia, "Evergeen Freedom Foundation"
- ConservaBlogs, "Please Welcome the Evergreen Freedom Foundation to CB"
- Seattle Times, "Court rules against unions in fee case"
- Seattle Times, "Union fight reaches high court"
- The Wall Street Journal, "Unions' Policy Test"
- Education Week, "Supreme Court to Hear Case on Union Fees"
- Komo TV, "Evergreen Freedom Foundation Details Boeing 7E7 Agreement"
- Media Transparency, "Evergreen Freedom Foundation" background and funding.
- Freedom Foundation, Freedom Foundation, organizational website, accessed August 30, 2016.
- State Policy Network, Directory, organizational website, accessed August 30, 2016.
- Steven Greenhouse, "The door-to-door union killers: rightwing foundation takes labor fight to the streets," The Guardian, March 10, 2016.
- The Northwest Accountability Project, "Complaint Against the Freedom Foundation," December 2, 2015.
- COMPLAINT FOR CIVIL PENALTIES AND FOR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF FOR VIOLATIONS OF RCW 42.17A, State of Washington, October 14, 2015.
- Jim Brunner, "Judge tosses state AG’s lawsuit accusing Freedom Foundation of breaking campaign laws," The Seattle Times, May 13, 2016.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force, organization website, accessed May 28, 2011.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, ALEC Board of Scholars, organizational website, accessed August 2011.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, "Solutions for the States," 38th Annual Meeting agenda, on file with CMD, August 3-6, 2011.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force, meeting agenda and materials, December 2, 2010, on file with CMD
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force, meeting agenda and materials, April, 29, 2011, on file with CMD
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force, meeting agenda and materials, August 4, 2011, on file with CMD
- American Legislative Exchange Council, "Public Safety and Elections Task Force Meeting," agenda and meeting materials, August 4, 2011, on file with CMD
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Public Safety and Elections Task Force meeting agenda and materials, October 27, 2010, on file with CMD
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Public Safety and Elections Task Force, meeting agenda and materials, August 4, 2011, on file with CMD.
- Franklin Center, Franklin Affiliates in Your State, organizational website, accessed October 2012.
- The Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity, Think tank Journalism: The Future of Investigative Journalism, organizational website, accessed August 19, 2011.
- Rebekah Metzler, "Watchdog" website puts a new spin on politics, The Portland Press Herald, October 2, 2010.
- Allison Kilkenny, The Koch Spider Web, Truthout, accessed August 19, 2011.
- Sara Jerving, Franklin Center: Right-Wing Funds State News Source, PRWatch.org, October 27, 2011.
- Paul Abowd, Center for Public Integrity, Donors use charity to push free-market policies in states, organizational report, February 14, 2013.
- Andy Kroll, Exposed: The Dark-Money ATM of the Conservative Movement, Mother Jones, February 5, 2013.
- Daniel Bice, Franklin Center boss wants apology from Democratic staffer, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, August 8, 2011.
- The Bradley Foundation. The Bradley Foundation. Organizational website. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- Sam Adams Alliance. Sam Adams Alliance Media Kit. Organizational PDF. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- Media Matters Action Network. Sam Adams Alliance. Conservative Transparency. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- Media Matters Action Network. State Policy Network. Conservative Transparency. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- Media Matters Action Network. Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation. Conservative Transparency. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- Andrew Garber, Court rules against unions in fee case, Seattle Times, June 15, 2007.
- David Postman, Election dispute attracts 5 who lost race,"The Seattle Times," February 14, 2005.
- Donors Capital Fund, 2014 form 990, November 16, 2015.
- DonorsTrust, 2014 form 990, November 16, 2015.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, [paper copy 2015 IRS Form 990], organizational tax filing, November 11, 2016.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, 2014 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, May 14, 2015.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, 2013 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, June 4, 2014.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, 2012 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, May 15, 2013.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, 2011 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, September 7, 2012.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, 2010 Form 990, organizational tax filing, October 31, 2011
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation, 2009 Form 990, organizational tax filing, October 18, 2010
- Freedom Foundation, Staff, organizational website, accessed August 2016.