- Stephen McFarland was named as US Ambassador in Guatemala, on August 5, 2008
Tobacco industry activity in Guatemala
A 1986 Philip Morris International Corporate Affairs memo indicates PM was active in the country in trying to influence cigarette taxes. A passage in the memo states,
"...and in Guatemala, a campaign was begun to prevent changes in the countries existing price/tax structure ..."
Related SourceWatch articles
- Guatemalan Forensic Anthropology Foundation
- Imperial terror in South America
- British American Tobacco's Project Z
- Guatemala, National Geographic, accessed November 2007.
- Andrew Whist, Philip Morris Philip Morris International Corporate Affairs Memorandum. December 17, 1986. Bates No. 2025431401/1406
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|