James C. (Jim) Miller, III is a governor of the United States Postal Service, and chairman of the CapAnalysis Group. He has many links to GOP and various conservative, free market think tanks. Recently, he campaigned vigorously against the anti-trust action against Microsoft.
- Resident Scholar at the Center for the Study of Government Regulation at the American Enterprise Institute, 1977 - 1981
- Associate director, Office of Management and Budget, ? - 1981
- Chairman, Federal Trade Commission under President Ronald Reagan, 1981 - 1985
- Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Reagan, 1985 - 1988
- Director, Citizens for a Sound Economy, 1988 - present
- Republican senate candidate against Oliver North, 1994
- Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution
- Chairman of the Capital Group (CapAnalysis), Howry Simon Arnold & White (law firm), 2002 - present
- John M. Olin Distinguished Fellow at the Center for the Study of Public Choice at George Mason University
- Board member, Progress & Freedom Foundation
- Academic Council, Fund for American Studies
- Bush Nominates Jim Miller, Former FTC Chair, To USPS Board, Press release, Direct Marketing Association website, July 26, 2002.
- John Crouch, Jim Miller: North's Senate Opponent Speaks, 1994