Learn more about the threat drilling for methane gas poses to fresh water.
The Pacific Institute is an Oakland, California based think tank that concentrates on "issues at the intersection of development, environment, and security." According to its website it "works to create a healthier planet and sustainable communities. We conduct interdisciplinary research and partner with stakeholders to produce solutions that advance environmental protection, economic development, and social equity—in California, nationally, and internationally. 
- Pat Brenner, Director of Administration and Finance
- Shirley Brown, Office Manager
- Michael J. Cohen, Senior Research Associate
- Heather Cooleyv, Research Associate
- Dr. Peter H. Gleick, President
- Ian Hart, Director of Communications
- Emily Lee, Outreach Coordinator
- Mari Morikawa, Research Associate
- Jason Morrison, Program Director
- Meena Palaniappan, Program Director
- Dr. Gary Wolff, Principal Economist and Engineer
- Gigi Coe, Chairperson. Former Manager of Strategic Planning, Western Public Policy Group, MCI.
- Dr. Anne H. Ehrlich, Senior Research Associate, Department of Biological Sciences at Stanford University.
- Ashok Gadgil, Senior scientist with Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and inventor of UV Waterworks.
- Dr. Peter H. Gleick, President of the Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment, and Security.
- Olivier J. Marie, business strategist, former partner at Accenture and Booz Allen & Hamilton, energy analyst. Works with MBA students from the Haas School of Business New Sector Alliance helping non-profit organizations.
- Jim Mayer, Project manager for the Little Hoover Commission, an independent and bipartisan state panel on efficiency and efficacy in state policy. Former senior environmental journalist, Sacramento Bee.
- Richard Morrison, former Senior Vice President and Director of Environmental Policies & Programs, Bank of America.
- Eric Sippel, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of Eastbourne Capital Management, L.L.C., an investment firm focusing on public securities. Prior to joining Eastbourne, Eric was a partner at the law firm of Shartsis, Friese & Ginsburg LLP.
- Professor Michael J. Watts, Professor, Geography Department at the University of California, Berkeley where he specializes in Third World development, forestry issues, and world geography.
- Ambassador Richard E. Benedick, Conservation Foundation/World Wildlife Fund, U.S. ozone treaty negotiator.
- Kelly Cash, Communications Director/West, The Nature Conservancy, Oakland, California.
- Chris Desser, Vice President for Marketing and Social Research, Muir Investment Trust, San Francisco, California. Ms. Desser was the Executive Director for the twentieth anniversary activities of Earth Day 1990.
- John Gamboa, Executive Director of Greenlining Institute, San Francisco, a non-profit coalition working to promote small, women-owned, and minority-owned business and economic opportunity for people of color.
- Dr. Deborah Jensen, President, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle, Washington.
- Henry Izumizaki, Chief Strategist, Urban Strategies Council, Oakland.
- Dr. Michael F. Maniates, Associate Professor of Political Science and Environmental Science at Allegheny College, Pennsylvania.
- Steven Nightingale, Businessman, Reno, Nevada. Serves as a director of Center for Conservation Biology, Stanford, CA.
- Nancy Ramsey, President, Morningstar Imports, a small Sausalito-based company. Independent analyst on disarmament, security issues, and international telecommunications. Ms. Ramsey is also a Legislative Director for Senator John Kerry (D - Massachusetts).
- Dr. Peter H. Raven, Director, Missouri Botanical Gardens, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Hon. Claudine Schneider, Director, The Artemis Project. Former U.S. Representative from Rhode Island.
- Dr. Stephen H. Schneider, Professor of Biological Sciences, Stanford University.
- Peter Schwartz, President of Global Business Network, Berkeley, California.
- Mal Warwick, Chairman of Mal Warwick & Associates, Inc., Berkeley, California.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ PI Website Accessed July 3, 2010.
- ↑ Press release, "White Paper Issued: Managing Climate Change and Water," UN Global Compact, May 15, 2009.
- ↑ Press release, "Global Release: 'Water Disclosure 2.0'," UN Global Compact, March 11, 2009.
- Elizabeth L. Chalecki, "A New Vigilance: Identifying and Reducing the Risks of Environmental Terrorism," Pacific Institute, 2001.