Raigarh TRN Power Project
The Raigarh Power Project is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station currently being developed by ACB (India) Ltd. in Chhattisgarh, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Nawapara village, Raigarh district.
The project is sponsored by ACB (India) Ltd. On its website in 2011, the company stated that the first 300MW unit will be commissioned is September 2013 and the second unit is December 2013. The proposed power station would be located at Nawapara Village in the Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh in India.
The project has received environmental clearance and has made an agreement with South Eastern Coalfields Ltd for coal. In November 2011, the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract was awarded to BGR Energy Systems.
A 2013 ACB (India) report lists the plant as under construction and planned for commissioning in FY 2014-5. The report states 390 MW will be sold to PTC India through a long term PPA. About 5% of the power will be sold to Chhattisgarh state power utility.
The company's website states that the proposed commissioning date of the first unit is March 2015 and the second unit September 2015, later moved to December 2015 and June 2016, then February 2016 and September 2016, then July 2016 and January 2017.
Unit 1 was commissioned in August 2016.
Sponsor: TRN Energy Private Limited, a subsidiary of ACB (India)
Location: Nawapara village, Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 21.9202851, 83.2790108 (exact)
Status: Operating (Unit 1); Construction (Unit 2)
Capacity: 600 MW (2 x 300 MW)
Projected in service: 2016 (Unit 1); 2017 (Unit 2)
Coal Source: South Eastern Coalfields Ltd
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, March 18, 2011
Resources and articles
- ACB India, "600 MW Power Plant, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh", ACB (India) website, accessed November 2011.
- "BGR to construct Nawapara plant," Project Monitor, November 11, 2011
- Investment report, ACB (India) Limited, Jan 30, 2013
- ACB India, "600 MW Power Plant, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh", ACB (India) website, accessed March 2015
- ACB India, "600 MW Power Plant, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh", ACB (India) website, accessed Sep 2016
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," India CEA, November 2015
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, March 2016
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," India CEA, July 2016