Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
United Airlines (under parent company UAL Corporation) is the world's second largest air carrier, after AMR's American Airlines. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA, it operates from hubs in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington, DC and flies to some 30 countries. Brands include United, United Express, and Ted. 
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|Glenn F. Tilton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||$687,000||$1,060,000|
|Frederic F. Brace, Chief Financial Officer||$501,000||$0|
|Peter D. McDonald, Chief Operating Officer||$542,000||$424,000|
|John P. Tague, Chief Revenue Officer||$501,000||$105,000|
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Stephen R. Canale, Also President and General Chairman, District Lodge 141, IAMAW (labor union)
- W. James Farrell, Also Director of Allstate Insurance and Kraft Foods
- Robert S. Miller, Jr., Also Chairman and CEO, Delphi Corporation
77 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ UAL Profile, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.
- ↑ Defenders of Wildlife, Natural Resources Defense Council, "Corporations and Trades Associations that Fund ALEC," Corporate America's Trojan Horse in the States: The Untold Story Behind the American Legislative Exchange Council, online report, 2003
- ↑ 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed September 2007.
- ↑ United Airlines lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
- ↑ UAL Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed September 2007.
- ↑ Board of Directors, UAL, accessed September 2007.