Vaclav Klaus is the second President of the Czech Republic (since 2003, reelected 2008) and a former Prime Minister of the Czech Republic (1992–1997). An economist, he is co-founder of the Civic Democratic Party, the major Czech right-wing party.
Klaus is a climate change skeptic and spoke at the Heartland Institute's International Conference on Climate Change (2009). He has an honourary doctorate (DSc) from Buckingham University Klaus describes himself as "the most important denier in the world". Czech playwright Vaclav Havel describes Klaus as a promoter of "gangster capitalism". Klaus is named as the six of diamonds on George Monbiot's Royal Flush of climate change deniers.
- Advisory Council, Eurasian Council on Foreign Affairs 
- Advisory Board, DOC Research Institute 
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Global warming skeptics
- International Conference on Climate Change (2008)
- Researching global warming skeptics
- SourceWatch:Project:Creating Articles on Sponsors and Speakers at The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change
- Think tanks
- Mont Pelerin Society
- Prague Network
- Curriculum Vitae of Vaclav Klaus. Office of the President of the Republic (2003-03-05). Retrieved on 2008-07-10.
- Klaus, Václav (2006-05-06). The Threats to Liberty in the 21st century. Foundation for Economic Education. Retrieved on 2008-02-11.
- Eurasian Council of Foreign Affairs Advisory council, organizational web page, accessed February 23, 2015 .
- DOC Research Institute Governance, organizational web page, accessed July 29, 2017.
Presentations by Klaus
- Vaclav Klaus, "No Progress in the Climate Change Debate", March 2009. (Play Video) (Download Video)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|