Virginia Institute for Public Policy
Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
The Virginia Institute for Public Policy (VIPP) is a state-based think tank that describes its mission as being to "lay the intellectual foundation for a society dedicated to individual liberty, free enterprise, private property, the rule of law, and constitutionally limited government." VIPP is a member of the State Policy Network (SPN).
- Total Revenue: $126,638
- Total Expenses: $138,274
- Net Assets: $82,385
- Total Revenue: $210,020.00
- Total Expenses: $204,821.00
- Net Assets: $51,932.00
- Total Revenue: $319,528.00
- Total Expenses: $321,183.00
- Net Assets: $79,899.00
Board of Directors
- John Taylor, president
- Derwood S. Chase, Jr.
- Charles J. Cooper
- Timothy E. Donner
- Becky Norton Dunlop, Heritage Foundation
- Douglas C. Mills
- Richard F. Norman
- Lynn Taylor, vice president and CFO
282 Bald Rock Road
Verona, VA 24482
Email: JTaylor AT VirginiaInstitute.org
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- State Policy Network:
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
- Donors Capital Fund
- Koch Family Foundations
- Koch Industries
- Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity
- Heritage Foundation
- Think tanks
- Whitney Ball
- Adam Meyerson
- Bridgett Wagner
Related PRWatch Articles
- Rebekah Wilce, A Reporters’ Guide to the "State Policy Network": the Right-Wing Think Tanks Spinning Disinformation and Pushing the ALEC Agenda in the States, PRWatch.org, April 4, 2013.
- Sara Jerving, ALEC and Heartland Aim to Crush Renewable Energy Standards in the States, PRWatch.org, November 27, 2012.
- Connor Gibson, Meet the Network Hiding the Koch Money: "Donors Trust" and "Donors Capital Fund", PRWatch.org, October 29, 2012.
- Brendan Fischer, Koch-Funded Mackinac Center Brings Wisconsin Act 10 Provisions to ALEC, PRWatch.org, May 2, 2012.
- Sara Jerving, Franklin Center: Right-Wing Funds State News Source, PRWatch.org, October 31, 2011.
- Center for Media and Democracy and Arizona Working Families, A Reporter’s Guide to the Goldwater Institute: What Citizens, Policymakers, and Reporters Should Know, organizational report, March 14, 2013.
- Paul Abowd, Center for Public Integrity, Donors use charity to push free-market policies in states, Consider the Source, February 14, 2013.
- John R. Mashey, Fake science, fakexperts, funny finances, free of tax 2, DeSmog Blog report, updated October 23, 2012, p. 74.
- Andy Kroll, The Right-Wing Network Behind the War on Unions, Mother Jones, April 25, 2011.
- Guidestar, State Policy Network, IRS filings and other organizational information about SPN.
- Center for Policy Alternatives, ALEC and the Extreme Right-Wing Agenda, organizational brochure about ALEC and SPN.
- John J. Miller, Fifty Flowers Bloom: Conservative think tanks — mini–Heritage Foundations — at the state level, National Review, November 19, 2007.
- Bridge Project, State Policy Network, online resource listing grants to SPN and SPN's connections to other groups.
- People for the American Way, State Policy Network, RightWingWatch.org, organizational resource.
- Greenpeace, Koch Industries Climate Denial Front Group: State Policy Network (SPN), organizational resource.
- ↑ Virginia Institute for Public Policy, Virginia Institute for Public Policy, organizational website, accessed March 2008.
- ↑ Cato Institute, 2006 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, 2006, pp. 19-23.
- ↑ Virginia Institute for Public Policy, 2011 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, November 14, 2012.
- ↑ Virginia Institute for Public Policy, IRS form 990, 2010. GuideStar.
- ↑ Virginia Institute for Public Policy, IRS form 990, 2009. GuideStar.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|