Aga Khan Development Network
The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) "focuses on health, education, culture, rural development, institution-building and the promotion of economic development. It is dedicated to improving living conditions and opportunities for the poor, without regard to their faith, origin or gender.
"The AKDN works in over 25 countries around the world. It employs approximately 60,000 people, the majority of whom are based in developing countries. The AKDN’s annual budget for non-profit development activities in 2008 was approximately US$ 450 million. The project companies of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development generate annual revenues of US$ 1.5 billion (all surpluses are reinvested in further development activities)." 
Founded and guided by His Highness the Aga Khan.
Agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network:
- Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM)
- Aga Khan Education Services (AKES)
- Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
- Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED)
- Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS)
- Aga Khan Planning and Building Services (AKPBS)
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC)
- Aga Khan University (AKU)
- Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS)
- University of Central Asia (UCA)