In the foreword to the posthumously published anthology of Alex Carey's work, Taking the Risk out of Democracy: Corporate Propaganda versus Freedom and Liberty (University of Illinois Press, 1995), Chomsky notes that the dedication was a “bare and inadequate way to try to express our indebtedness to him for his uniquely important work on the 'ideal of a propaganda-managed democracy' that the highly class-conscious business community in the United States had sought to achieve, with the dedicated support of major segments of the intellectual culture.“ (pg.vi)
- "Taking the Risk out of Democracy: Corporate propaganda in the US and Australia", NSW Press/ Illinois Press, 1995. see
- "The Hawthorne Studies: A Radical Criticism," ASR, 1967.
- "Australian atrocities in Vietnam" (Sydney: Gould, Convenor, Vietnam Action Campaign, 1968).
- "Of professors and 'pacification'" (Kirrawwe, 1968).
- "Reshaping the Truth: Pragmatists and Propagandists in America", Meanjin Quarterly, 35 (4), 1976, pp. 370-378.
- "Industrial Psychology and Sociiology in Australia" In: Boreham, Pemberton and Wilson, The Professions in Australia? A Critical Appraisal (1976).
- "The Politics of Industrial Psychology: From Freud to Fraud" Part 1, Journal of the Institute of Engineers, Jan Feb 1976.
- "The Lysenko Syndrome in Western Social Science", Australian Psychologist, Volume 12, Number 1, March 1977, pp. 27-38.
- "The Norwegian Experiments in Demcracy at Work: A Critique and a Contribution to Reflexive Sociology", Australian and New Zealand Journal of Sociology, 15, 1, Nov 1979.
- "The Lysenko Syndrome in Western social science", in Ainsworth, W., Willis, Q. (Eds),Australian Organisational Behaviour, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1981, pp. 212-24.
- "Lobbyists take the risk out of democracy", Canberra Times, August 1, 1983.
- "Australian Democracy: The End of Political Innocence", Canberra Times, August 17, 1983.
- "The Ideological Management Industry", Left History, 1987.
- "The Corporate Offensive" In Union Strategy and Industrial Change (1987).
- "Conspiracy Or Groundswell?", In: Ken Coghill, McPhee Gribble (eds.), The New Right's Australian Fantasy, Penguin Books, 1987, pp.3-19.
- "The Orwell Diversion", Book Sellers Union, Undated.