American Life League
The American Life League' (ALL) is an Catholic anti-abortion organization whose stated mission is "to serve God by helping to build a society that respects and protects innocent human life from fertilization to natural death - without compromise, without exception, without apology. The distinguishing mark of American Life League, by which we will be recognized, is our absolute commitment to the sacredness of human life."
The American Life League was identified as the organization that distributed professionally-made signs that read, "Bury Obamacare with Kennedy" at a conservative rally in Washington, D.C. on September 12, 2009.  The sign referred to longtime Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Mass), who died from brain cancer on August 28, 2009, just two weeks before the September 12 rally.
On June 7, 2008 (the anniversary of the 1965 Supreme Court Ruling Griswold v. Connecticut, which gave married couples the right to use contraception), ALL plans to kick off a national anti-contraception campaign called "The Pill Kills 2008," in which they will try to convince Americans that oral contraception "kills babies."
ALL also opposes health insurance coverage of contraceptive medications.
- Judie Brown, President and "also serves as a corresponding member of the Pontifical Academy for Life. She is also a pro-life expert answering questions for the Eternal Word Television Network web site forum and is recognized as the leader of the total protection, no exceptions pro-life movement."
P.O. Box 1350
Stafford, VA 22555
Other Related SourceWatch Resources
- American Bioethics Advisory Commission
- birth control
- population control
- right to life
- Web site of American Life League, accessed June 6, 2008
- Ben Smith Bury Obamacare with Kennedy, Politico blog, September 12, 2009
- Chattahbox.com DC Tea Party Protesters: ‘Bury Obamacare with Kennedy’ Blog. September 12, 2009
- CNNPolitics.com Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy dies after cancer battle, August 28, 2009
- American Life League American Life League Holds Press Conference Announcing Nation-wide Protest Press release. June 6, 2008
- American Life League Birth Control Is Not Health CarePress release. October 5, 2005