Banana Republicans: How the Right Wing Is Turning America Into a One-Party State
Banana Republicans: How the Right Wing is Turning America Into a One-Party State (ISBN 1585423424) is a book by Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber of the Center for Media and Democracy (which sponsors the SourceWatch).
In writing Banana Republicans, Rampton and Stauber experimented with collaborative research, inviting SourceWatch users to contribute their own research and analysis while the book was being written. That process of collaboration is still continuing. If you'd like to contribute, you can do so through the links below. They point to SourceWatch articles summarizing the main points of each chapter and the sources on which it is based. Like all articles on SourceWatch, they are designed so that anyone, including you, can edit and revise them, adding your own research and insights.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: The War at Home
- Chapter 1: The Marketplace of Ideas
- Chapter 2: The Echo Chamber
- Chapter 3: The One-Party State
- Chapter 4: Pumping Irony
- Chapter 5: Block the Vote
- Chapter 6: Traitor Baiters
- Conclusion: The Three-Banana Problem
- Banana Republicans website, featuring authors' bios, an excerpt from the book, and links to reviews and interviews with the authors.
- PR Watch, the first website established by the Center for Media and Democracy, offers a number of resources including back issues of the Center's flagship publication, PR Watch, as well as daily reporting on media spin and propaganda on the site's Spin of the Day feature.