Ethan Allen Institute
Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
The Ethan Allen Institute is a free-market think tank based in Vermont. The Institute states as its mission "to influence public policy in Vermont by helping its people to better understand and put into practice the fundamentals of a free society: individual liberty, private property, competitive free enterprise, limited government, strong local communities, personal responsibility, and expanded opportunity for human endeavor." The Ethan Allen Institute is a member of the State Policy Network (SPN).
- Total Revenue: $173,781.00
- Total Expenses: $113,223.00
- Net Assets: $93,805.00
- Total Revenue: $160,370.00
- Total Expenses: $180,953.00
- Net Assets: $63,247.00
- Total Revenue: $146,885.00
- Total Expenses: $170,157.00
- Net Assets: $90,497.00
4836 Kirby Mountain Road
Concord VT 05824
Phone 802 695 1448
Fax 802 695 1436
Email: eai AT ethanallen.org
Resources and Articles
Related SourceWatch Articles
- State Policy Network:
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
- Donors Capital Fund
- Koch Family Foundations
- Koch Industries
- Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity
- Heritage Foundation
- Think tanks
- Whitney Ball
- Adam Meyerson
- Bridgett Wagner
Related PRWatch Articles
- Rebekah Wilce, A Reporters’ Guide to the "State Policy Network": the Right-Wing Think Tanks Spinning Disinformation and Pushing the ALEC Agenda in the States, PRWatch.org, April 4, 2013.
- Sara Jerving, ALEC and Heartland Aim to Crush Renewable Energy Standards in the States, PRWatch.org, November 27, 2012.
- Connor Gibson, Meet the Network Hiding the Koch Money: "Donors Trust" and "Donors Capital Fund", PRWatch.org, October 29, 2012.
- Brendan Fischer, Koch-Funded Mackinac Center Brings Wisconsin Act 10 Provisions to ALEC, PRWatch.org, May 2, 2012.
- Sara Jerving, Franklin Center: Right-Wing Funds State News Source, PRWatch.org, October 31, 2011.
- Center for Media and Democracy and Arizona Working Families, A Reporter’s Guide to the Goldwater Institute: What Citizens, Policymakers, and Reporters Should Know, organizational report, March 14, 2013.
- Paul Abowd, Center for Public Integrity, Donors use charity to push free-market policies in states, Consider the Source, February 14, 2013.
- John R. Mashey, Fake science, fakexperts, funny finances, free of tax 2, DeSmog Blog report, updated October 23, 2012, p. 74.
- Andy Kroll, The Right-Wing Network Behind the War on Unions, Mother Jones, April 25, 2011.
- Guidestar, State Policy Network, IRS filings and other organizational information about SPN.
- Center for Policy Alternatives, ALEC and the Extreme Right-Wing Agenda, organizational brochure about ALEC and SPN.
- John J. Miller, Fifty Flowers Bloom: Conservative think tanks — mini–Heritage Foundations — at the state level, National Review, November 19, 2007.
- Bridge Project, State Policy Network, online resource listing grants to SPN and SPN's connections to other groups.
- People for the American Way, State Policy Network, RightWingWatch.org, organizational resource.
- Greenpeace, Koch Industries Climate Denial Front Group: State Policy Network (SPN), organizational resource.
- "Rick Bornemann is Ethan Allen Institute's new president," VermontBiz.com, August 23, 2009.
- ↑ Ethan Allen Institute, About Us, organizational website, accessed December 2012.
- ↑ Cato Institute, 2006 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, 2006, pages 19-23.
- ↑ Ethan Allen Institute, IRS form 990, 2011. GuideStar.
- ↑ Ethan Allen Institute, IRS form 990, 2010. GuideStar.
- ↑ Ethan Allen Institute, IRS form 990, 2009. GuideStar.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|