Gail de Planque
This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's focus on the fallout of nuclear "spin."
Gail de Planque Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc since19 October 2005. Dr de Planque was elected in 2005 and was re-elected in 2007.
"Gail de Planque is an expert in nuclear technology and has over 40 years' experience as a physicist, adviser and regulator in the field of nuclear energy. She also has significant experience as a non-executive Director of global energy companies and is a consultant on atomic energy matters. She is President of Strategy Matters Inc, a former Commissioner of the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission, a former Director of the Environmental Measurements Laboratory of the US Department of Energy, and a Fellow and former President of the American Nuclear Society, a fellow of the American Association of the Advancement of Science and a Member of the US National Academy of Engineering.
- Director of Northeast Utilities (since October 1995)
- Director of Landauer Inc. (since December 2001)
- President of Strategy Matters Inc (since March 2001)
- Director of Energy Strategists Consultancy Ltd (since May 1999)
- Former Director of TXU Corp (from February 2004 to March 2007)
- Former Director of BNFL Plc (from November 2000 to March 2005) and of BNG America Inc (from March 1995 to March 2006) 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Directors, BHP Billiton, accessed March 7, 2008.