James Bovard is a policy advisor for the Future of Freedom Foundation think tank and has been a regular contributor to FFF's monthly journal, Freedom Daily, since 1996. He is also a contributor to Playboy, American Spectator, and Investor's Business Daily. He has also written for the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Reader's Digest, New Republic, Washington Post, Washington Times, and Newsweek. 
Bovard has operated a blog at JimBovard.com/blog/ since December 2005.
James Bovard is either currently or has been affiliated with the following:
- Associate Policy Analyst, Cato Institute
- Adjunct Analyst, Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Advisory Board, Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow 
Published Works by James Bovard
- Attention Deficit Democracy, Palgrave Macmillan, January 5, 2006, ISBN 1403971080 / ISBN 9781403971081.
- The Bush Betrayal, Palgrave Macmillan, August 7, 2004, ISBN 140396727X / ISBN 9781403967275.
- Terrorism and Tyranny: Trampling Freedom, Justice and Peace to Rid the World of Evil, Palgrave Macmillan, September 6, 2003, ISBN 1403963681 / ISBN 9781403963680.
Articles by James Bovard
- "The Hypocritical War on Terrorism," Future of Freedom Foundation, December 1996.
- "Is the Prison-Industrial Complex on the Ropes?", Future of Freedom Foundation, July 2002. re prison-industrial complex
- "Bush’s Opium Boom," Future of Freedom Foundation, May 28, 2003. re opium economy in Afghanistan
- "'Free-Speech Zone': The Administration Quarantines Dissent," The American Conservative, December 15, 2003.
- "Saddam as the Twentieth Hijacker," Freedom Daily (Future of Freedom Foundation), September 2004.
- Commentary: "The Patriot Act and Attention Deficit Democracy," Future of Freedom Foundation, March 22, 2006.
- "Bush’s Bogus Theory of Absolute Power," LewRockwell.com, April 8, 2006. re Unitary Executive Theory
- "Power of the Pen. The president uses signing statements to decree which laws apply to him," The American Conservative, July 17, 2006. re presidential signing statements
- "Bush’s Signing Statement Dictatorship," LewRockwell.com, October 11, 2006.
- Profile: James Bovard, Future of Freedom Foundation.