|This is a profile of a U.S. Representative. (See the New York portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
- 1 Record and controversies
- 2 Bio
- 3 Money in politics
- 4 Committees and Affiliations
- 5 More Background Data
- 6 Contact
- 7 Articles and Resources
Record and controversies
Crowley voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 that started the Iraq War.
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Support for gun control
Crowley cosponsored H.R. 1022 (Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2007) on March 7, 2007.
- Main article: U.S. gun legislation
Crowley was born March 16, 1962 in New York, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1985. In 1986, he was elected to the New York General Assembly and served until he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1998.[]
According to his House biography, "Crowley is using his seat at the leadership table to promote sound policies to improve public education, make healthcare more affordable and protect Social Security for working families in the Bronx and Queens. Congressman Crowley has and will continue to work his colleagues in the Democratic Caucus to promote the Democratic agenda and win back a Democratic House of Representatives in 2006."
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00001127&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Joseph Crowley
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Joseph Crowley from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Joseph Crowley from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Joseph Crowley from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
- Congressional Advisory Board, Humpty Dumpty Institute
- House Committee on Ways and Means
- Subcommittee on Trade
- Subcommittee on Oversight
Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)
- House Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Capital Markets Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy Trade and Technology
- House Committee on International Relations
- Subcommittee on the Middle East and Central Asia
- Subcommittee on International Terrorism and Nonproliferation
More Background Data
District Office - Bronx:
3425 East Tremont Avenue, Suite 1-3
Bronx, NY 10465
District Office - Queens:
74-09 37th Avenue, Suite 306-B
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Articles and Resources
- Roll call vote, Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002.
- Thomas page on H.R. 1312
- Gur, "The Phattest Bubble You've Ever Seen?", Room Eight, May 12, 2006.
- Gur, "What Part Of "You Will Pimp My Pay to $168K" Did You Not Understand?", Room Eight, June 30, 2006.
- Congressional Wire, "Earth to Congress - Come In!", Room Eight, July 11, 2006.
- Gur, "Why Bother?", Room Eight, July 12, 2006.
Local blogs and discussion sites
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|Committees: House Committee on Foreign Affairs, House Committee on Foreign Affairs/Subcommittee on International Organizations Human Rights and Oversight, House Committee on Foreign Affairs/Subcommittee on Terrorism Nonproliferation and Trade, House Committee on Ways and Means, House Committee on Ways and Means/Subcommittee on Oversight, House Committee on Ways and Means/Subcommittee on Trade|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 3, 1998
|First Took Current Office:
January 6, 1999
November 4, 2008
|Previous Political Work?
New York State Assembly
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: March 16, 1962