The liberal media is one of the greatest tools the left wing has in the United States. Their tilted views are consistently available to bash Republicans and other parties that they disagree with.
Or so the story goes.
Of course the theory that the press has a hidden liberal agenda goes well beyond the contemporary United States.
- "I now saw the liberal attitude of this press in a different light; the lofty
- tone in which it answered attacks and its method of killing them with silence
- now revealed itself to me as a trick as clever as it was treacherous; the
- transfigured raptures of their theatrical critics were always directed at
- Jewish writers, and their disapproval never struck anyone but Germans. The
- gentle pinpricks against William II revealed its methods by their persistency,
- and so did its commenda tion of French culture and civilization."
- -- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
As to how the media in the contemporary United States is better illustrated by a piece by an Internet satirist using the nom de plume of 'Bartcop', who explains how when some supposed 'liberal biased' story makes it into the media, it it criticized on the air for hours by such as Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Eva Von Zahn, Brit Hume, Tony Snow, John McLaughlin, G. Gordon Liddy, Dr. Laura, George F. Will, Bob Scheiffer, John Hockenberry, Ollie North, Robert Novak, Paul Weyrich, Brian Williams, etc. Then in books by such as Barbara Olson (it was written prior to 9/11), Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Peggy Noonan, Andrew Sullivan, and William Safire.
This piece can be found at "The Myth of the 'liberal' media."
WARNING: piece contains salty language