Margaret Catley-Carlson "is chair, director or advisor to several organizations which apply science and knowledge to the better management of national and international problems in freshwater governance, health, agriculture, information management, environmental protection, international development and development finance. These organizations include the Global Water Partnership (Chair), the Water Resources Advisory Committee for Suez: Paris (Chair), the International Development Research Centre in Ottawa (Vice-Chair), and the Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International in the UK (Chair, Board of Governors). She is on the Board of ICARDA (Agricultural Research in Dry Areas) in Syria, the Library of Alexandria (Egypt), is a clinical professor at Tulane University, and a member of the InterAmerican Dialogue. She was a Commissioner for the Commission on Water for the 21st Century and is on the International Advisory Committee - 2020 Vision, of International Food Policy Research.
"Catley-Carlson was President of CIDA, the Canadian International Development Agency from 1983 to 1989 and of the Population Council from 1991 to 1999. Her professional career began as a career diplomat Canada; she has been Deputy Minister of Health in Canada, and Deputy Director (Operations) of UNICEF, with the rank of Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations.“ 
"Chair of the Global Water Partnership, the Board of the Crop Diversity Trust, and the International Advisory Committee for Group Suez Lyonnaise des Eaux. Ms. Catley-Carlson is a member of the UN Secretary General’s Advisory Board, the Rosenberg Forum, and of the Council of Advisors of the World Food Prize." 
- Director, International Fertiliser Development Center 
- International Advisor, The YES Campaign
- Advisory Board, PREAL
- Chair, Global Crop Diversity Trust 
- Advisory Council, World Food Prize 
- Director, IFDC 
- Trustee, International Institute for Environment and Development 
- Trustee, Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Margaret Catley-Carlson, Maxim News, accessed December 7, 2007.
- ↑ International Fertiliser Development Center Board, organizational web page, accessed September 17, 2012.
- ↑ Directors, Global Crop Diversity Trust, accessed December 7, 2007.
- ↑ Council of Advisors, World Food Prize, accessed December 9, 2007.
- ↑ Board, IFDC, accessed January 7, 2011.
- ↑ Trustees, International Institute for Environment and Development, accessed April 30, 2008.
- ↑ Trustees, Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development, accessed April 30, 2009.
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.