Operation Garden Plot
Operation Garden Plot is a subprogram of Rex 84 Program, which "was established on the reasoning that if a 'mass exodus' of illegal aliens crossed the Mexican/US border, they would be quickly rounded up and detained in detention centers by FEMA. Rex 84 allowed many military bases to be closed down and to be turned into prisons."
Operation Garden Plot is "the program to control the population." 
"Operation Garden Plot is the code name for the use of coordinated military action in law enforcement at any time during a civil disturbance within the fifty states, District of Columbia, and possessions and territories The operation of the FBI's COINTELPRO Domestic Counter Intelligence Program, FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency, and JTTF Joint Terror Task Force, all give the government the authority to step in and immediately crush any civil disturbance or turmoil which might occur. Civil disturbances are defined as riots, acts of violence, insurrection, unlawful obstruction or assemblage, or other disorders prejudicial to public law and order." 
Related SourceWatch articles
- conflicts short of war
- Establishing martial law in the United States
- Executive Orders
- Hurricane Katrina: Martial Law
- Hurricane Katrina: Police State Occupation of New Orleans
- Operation Cable Splicer
- prison-industrial complex
- revolution in military affairs
- FM 3-19.40 (formerly FM 19-40). Military Police Internment/Resettlement Operations, Headquarters, Department of the Army, August 1, 2001. Includes sections on "Protection of Captives and Detainees" and "Protection of Enemy Prisoners of War and Civilian Internees" as they pertain to a military operation.
- Army Regulation 210â??35. Installations. Civilian Inmate Labor Program, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, DC, January 14, 2005: "This regulation provides guidance for establishing and managing civilian inmate labor programs on Army installations. It provides guidance on establishing prison camps on Army installations. It addresses recordkeeping and reporting incidents related to the Civilian Inmate Labor Program and/or prison camp administration."
Articles & Commentary
- Mary Louise, "Plans for Civilian Internment: Stalag 17 American Style," TedGunderson.com, undated.
- "FEMA Concentration Camps: Locations and Executive Orders," Utah Indymedia, July 26, 2003.