PacifiCorp Sweetwater Project
PacifiCorp had planned to build a coal gasification and carbon sequestration demonstration project at the same site as its Jim Bridger Unit 5. The project was a partnership with the state of Wyoming; PacifiCorp was selected by the state Infrastructure Authority in April 2007, out of 17 companies that had presented IGCC proposals to the state.
On Dec. 6, 2007, PacifiCorp announced that it was no longer pursuing this project, or the Jim Bridger 5 project, due to “the time frame and the uncertainty around coal, based on climate change issues.”
Location: Sweetwater County, WY
Capacity: 450 MW
Status: Cancelled (12/07)
- ↑ Board Picks Finalists for Gasification Plants, Billings Gazette, February 1, 2007.
- ↑ Wyoming Infrastructure Authority press release, accessed January 2008.
- ↑ PacifiCorp Cancels Wyoming Coal Projects, Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, December 11, 2007.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Wyoming and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)<us_map redirect="Wyoming and coal"></us_map>