Sustainable Security in Afghanistan
Sustainable Security in Afghanistan is a report from the Center for American Progress issued March 24, 2009 strongly supporting Barack Obama's military escalation of the US wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is subtitled "Crafting an Effective and Responsible Strategy for the Forgotten Front" and authored by Lawrence J. Korb, Caroline Wadhams, Colin Cookman and Sean Duggan.
It was released formally on April 3, 2009, at a CAP forum titled A New Way Forward in Afghanistan featuring the following speakers:
- Minister Ali Jalali, Former Afghan Interior Minister; Distinguished Professor, National Defense University
- Frederick W. Kagan, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Fred Kaplan, columnist, Slate Magazine
- Lawrence Korb, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
- John Stauber, How Obama Took Over the Peace Movement, PRWatch.org, March 27, 2009.
- John Stauber, Progressive Media - A PR War Room for Obama, PRWatch.org, March 28, 2009.
- Jeremy Scahill, Why Is the Center for American Progress Cavorting with Neocons? Oh, Right, Because They Are on the Same Team, Rebel Reports, April 2, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- Lawrence J. Korb, Caroline Wadhams, Colin Cookman and Sean Duggan, Sustainable Security in Afghanistan: Crafting an Effective and Responsible Strategy for the Forgotten Front, Center for American Progress, March 24, 2009.