The Foundation For a Better Life
The Foundation for a Better Life is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization which was started in 2000 and runs public service campaigns which it states on its website aim to "encourage adherence to a set of quality values through personal accountability and by raising the level of expectations of performance of all individuals."
"Through these efforts, the Foundation wants to remind individuals they are accountable and empowered with the ability to take responsibility for their lives and to promote a set of values that sees them through their failures and capitalizes on their successes," it states.
On its website, the Foundation states that it is "privately funded by a family that prefers to remain anonymous. There is no other funding source and we do not accept monetary donations." However, the foundation is funded by Philip F. Anschutz, a conservative oil, media and entertainment figure from Denver. In 2006 the groups IRS return revealed that the Anschutz Foundation had contributed $2.685 million to the Foundation For a Better Life.
Board of Directors
The foundations 2006 annual IRS return lists the directors as being
- Philip F. Anschutz, Chairman and Director
- Nancy P. Anschutz, Director & Vice Prresident
- Craig D. Slater, Secretary & Treasurer
- M. Lavoy Robison, Executive Director
- Sarah A. Hunt, Director
- Elizabeth A. Brown, Director
- Christian P. Anschutz, Director
- Gary Dixon, President 
- Kindee Nielsen, Vice-President Operations
Articles and resources
Other SourceWatch articles
- ↑ The Foundation for a Better Life, "About Us", The Foundation for a Better Life website, accessed August 2008.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Foundation for a Better Life, "Frequently Asked Questions", The Foundation for a Better Life website, accessed August 2008.
- ↑ George Anders, "The reel life of Phil Anschutz: Qwest co-founder bankrolls wholesome film fare with mixed results" in The Wall Street Journal, April 23, 2004.
- ↑ Form 990, The Foundation For a Better Life, June 2007, page 14.
- ↑ Form 990, The Foundation For a Better Life, June 2007, page 19-20.
- ↑ Brigham Young University, "Homecoming Honored Alumnus: 2004 Honored Alumnus: Gary Dixon", Brigham Young University website, archived from February 2006.
- Lindsay Beyerstein, "What is the "Foundation for a Better Life"?", Majikthise (blog), November 6, 2004.
- "Colorado billionaire supporting nationwide propaganda campaign", Portland Indymedia, April 3, 2002.
- George Anders, "The reel life of Phil Anschutz: Qwest co-founder bankrolls wholesome film fare with mixed results" in The Wall Street Journal, April 23, 2004.