Thermal Power Plant Nikola Tesla plc
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Serbia and coal|
Thermal Power Plant Nikola Tesla plc is a subsidiary of Elektroprivreda Srbije(EPS) , Serbia's state-run power utility.
The company owns and operates the:
- TPP Nikola Tesla Power Plant, a 2,662 megawatt (MW) power station complex which comprises the 1,502 MW TPP Nikola Tesla A and the 1,160MW Nikola Tesla B power station;
- 245 MW TPP Kolubara Power Plant; and
- 108 MW TPP Morava Power Plant.
The power plants use lignite coal mined from the Kolubara District basin as fuel. Coal for the plant is supplied by an EPS subsidiary, MB Kolubara plc, which operates four coal mines -- the Polje B mine, the Polje D mine, the Tamnava Istok mine and the Tamnava Zapad mine.
Articles and Resources
- ↑ Elektroprivreda Srbije, "Facilities for electric power generation: Thermal Power Plants: Economic Assosiation "Thermal Power Plants Nikola Tesla" plc", Elektroprivreda Srbije website, accessed July 2011.
- ↑ Elektroprivreda Srbije, "About Us: Basic Data: Economic Assosiation for Coal Production, processing and Transport MB Kolubara plc", Elektroprivreda Srbije website, accessed July 2011.